Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2002 11:57:39 AM EDT
Colt SP-1

1964 vintage fired less than 50 rounds ???????
no box or extra goodies..., just the rifle..., it is in ultra excellent condition, the owner didn't want the action worked, & i don't blame him, the dust cover was open & there was very lyttle evidence of wear, the trigger had no wear marks at all, the magazine well had no scuff marks & the flash hider showed no signs of being fired or someone done one hulluva cleaning job........

what wud U offer.......???????????
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd offer a lolipop.

If he's selling it, he's crazy and would probably take take the sucker like a sucker would!

Seriously though, I'd lowball him with $850, especially since the AW ban has the potential to sunset in 2 years and you'd end up stuck with nothing special (in my estimation).  Let him know that purchasing the weapon would be only for its utility, not for any collector type benefit.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If you just want another shooter w/ evil features than it is "nothing special"

BUT

Even if the AW ban "sunsets" Colt will NEVER make a 1964 vintage AR EVER again.  but that only matters if you are into the collectability of the rifle.

But as a buyer of courese I would "lowball" em at first then go from there.

Just my .02

Biggame223

Out

Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you like it? Do bells go off? Do you get a hard on (sorry)? Then weight it against other things you like.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you like it? Do bells go off? Do you get a hard on (sorry)? Then weight it against other things you like.

Like I said, "nothing special" is just my opinion on prebans, considering I shoot all floated, bull, SS uppers with post ban lowers.  As a collectable it has definate value, but the value is only to the collector, not the shooter, since I believe today's lowers are better.  

Its all subjective, after posting that comment, I knew someone would bring it up!

Last comment I'll make is that as a COLLECTABLE, the value to me would be $1400 ballpark if this thing is as cherry as you say.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#5]
thank you all for your educated &concerned replys......

yaaaaa, i get kinda stiff, my tongue that is & i slobber, drool & get real quivery....., but that was only AFTER my wife said get it, but i wanted to float the idea in front of you folks first......

as a collectible the guy wants $1550...., but the damn problem is that he says he is selling it for a friend, so that makes price haggling more difficult, it's private sale & paper free......

Link Posted: 3/11/2002 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
thank you all for your educated &concerned replys......

yaaaaa, i get kinda stiff, my tongue that is & i slobber, drool & get real quivery....., but that was only AFTER my wife said get it, but i wanted to float the idea in front of you folks first......

as a collectible the guy wants $1550...., but the damn problem is that he says he is selling it for a friend, so that makes price haggling more difficult, it's private sale & paper free......

Buddy of mine paid more. Was it too much, who knows? Does he like it, yeah. He was "in country" in '68. Makes him giggle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top