Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2005 7:29:53 PM EST
Well yes the first rifles used where G36s however latter another rifle was used, I can't remeber/tell what it was. Looked like it may have been one of those Berreta rifles. Also what was the pistol Christian Bale used? Looked like it was a modified something or other.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 10:44:43 PM EST
Christian Bale used Beretta 92s with make believe selector switches. beretta makes a full auto pistol call the the 93R, but it doesn't look like those. the guards outside Preston's room had FN P90s, the troops who arrest the underground members had mac-10s, the "shotgun" used to waste the dogs was a walther sniper rifle, the sentries who guarded the city gates had HK MP5s, the troops who caught Preston with the dog had G36s, Remington 870 shotguns with pistol grips, and i think i spotted a couple G3s, the troops who arrested Preston's wife has G3s and one AR15, the roops on motorcycles had MP5Ks, and a lot of the rebels had AKs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2005 4:48:42 AM EST
Some of the guards had M96's too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2005 6:47:25 AM EST

Quoted:
Christian Bale used Beretta 92s with make believe selector switches. beretta makes a full auto pistol call the the 93R, but it doesn't look like those. the guards outside Preston's room had FN P90s, the troops who arrest the underground members had mac-10s, the "shotgun" used to waste the dogs was a walther sniper rifle, the sentries who guarded the city gates had HK MP5s, the troops who caught Preston with the dog had G36s, Remington 870 shotguns with pistol grips, and i think i spotted a couple G3s, the troops who arrested Preston's wife has G3s and one AR15, the roops on motorcycles had MP5Ks, and a lot of the rebels had AKs.

Goddamn, you paid alot of attention during the movie!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2005 6:53:37 AM EST
More on the pistol(s):

The trigger gaurd changes in the film some 4 times it depended on what gun ws used for what scene (there were 11 guns used in total)The hammer changed 3 times and the front of the slide changed 6 times

Many of the guns in the film wern't even guns,they were huge gas pipes that just provided a long flame from a gas pipe in bales sleve...(noticable when you see the lobby scene where flames are spewing from the gun but no slide recoil occours).

Other guns used apart from the 92FS Beretta were the M93R Beretta and for the movie poster in some cases a Glock 17L Longslide with an extension was used

Link Posted: 1/25/2005 8:17:29 AM EST

Quoted:

The guards that arrested his wife also had an M96(bale holds it to a guards throat).
Link Posted: 1/25/2005 3:15:36 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guards that arrested his wife also had an M96(bale holds it to a guards throat).

that's the one gun i didn't recognize. equilibrium is one of my favorite movies.
Link Posted: 2/22/2005 6:31:42 PM EST
that movie kicks ass

i think i watched it 3-4 times in 5 days
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 9:30:59 AM EST
But now you must learn this.

http://www.gunkatta.com/home.htm
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:19:43 PM EST
Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead, but I searched and it was the only one I found regarding this movie.

I was just home sick with the flu for several days and caught up on watching a bunch of movies I had recorded with my DVR - Equillibrium was one of them.  I just knew this movie had to have been discussed and dissected here at length - I am surprised it hasn't been.   (ETA: Okay, it was discussed when it first came out, long enough ago to not show up in a standard SEARCH... )

Was it a general theatical release in the US (I don't remember it coming out) or is it just coming into its own here via movie channels and home video?  (Of course, I haven't been to see a movie in the theater since Junior was born... )

I found the plot fairly interesting (sort of Farenheit 451 by way of The Matrix), but I will probably watch it again and again solely for that amazing fight choreography. Wow!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:33:20 PM EST
Equillibrium had a very limited theatrical release.  What I got from a buddy that works in the industry was that Kurt Wimmer (the writer/director) had somewhat of a fallout with the production company during post-production.  Wimmer wanted full control/no changes, but the production company insisted.  Wimmer had a clause in the contract that granted final say.  However, the prod company found a loophole of their own and released it to the absolute minimum amount of theaters per the release agreement.  Fallout was basically the movie was unheard of until word got out when it was released on DVD soon thereafter.

Just as an example, in Virginia, exactly ONE theater showed it-- the Hoffman in Alexandria.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:26:06 PM EST
That sounds about right. I was a projection manager when it came out. My theatre only had it for a week or two and we recieved no trailers or promotional materials for it (which sucks because the posters were pretty cool). I went into the screening not really knowing what it was and was pleasantly surprised to say the least.
Top Top