Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2006 11:17:06 AM EST
Title says it all. Which do you prefer? I was wondering if the BT when folded would get in the way of the selector or a mag change. If you have some pics of your MP5 or clone with the BT or A3 I would like to see how they compare.

Also, does anyone know who makes this stock for the MP5 at SG or have it? It is a lot cheaper than a BT, but it looks just like it.

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=243562
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 11:31:36 AM EST
If you notice, the sidefolder stock sits below the ejection port of the MP5, so you will have no probs using it on any MP5 clone; however, I do not own one, so I cannot confirm it 100%, it just looks like it.

Me personally? I'd go for the sidefolder, it looks more comfortable on the cheek than the standard HK slither stock.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 11:51:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lonerunner1:
Title says it all. Which do you prefer? I was wondering if the BT when folded would get in the way of the selector or a mag change. If you have some pics of your MP5 or clone with the BT or A3 I would like to see how they compare.

Also, does anyone know who makes this stock for the MP5 at SG or have it? It is a lot cheaper than a BT, but it looks just like it.

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=243562

I wouldn't buy that stock...it is a knock off of the B&T and it's gotten negative reviews. Do a search or go over to HKpro and read about it. Bottom line...you get what you pay for.

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:03:28 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:14:30 PM EST

faldoc's gun
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:22:16 PM EST
I like the B&T the best, but I recently changed out the rear part of the stock with the shorter 9" UMP style......and its PERFECT, same length as the A2 stock, a bit longer than the A3, also like the non rubber butpad on the shorter UMP backpart. If you ask me the B&T for the Mp5 should have come with the shorter stock.

I'll try to take a pic

B&T can kinda get in the way when folded if you had a dual mag clamp(on the right side) but not a real big deal. also with the B&T fitting in some gun cases might be tight.

the A3's are nice.......I have one for sale and am keeping one........for that classic look ;)
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 2:43:32 PM EST
The B&T stock is superior to the A3 stock. But the A3 stock looks cooler.

The cheap knock off stock is a POS.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 9:51:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2006 11:09:44 AM EST by Schrambo]
Here's my V94 SBR, all dressed up for Halloween...

Link Posted: 10/18/2006 12:57:40 PM EST
thats the B&T stock I am talking about, like it much better than the normaly seen longer stock.

sweet gun :)

Originally Posted By Schrambo:
Here's my V94 SBR, all dressed up for Halloween...

img183.imageshack.us/img183/7883/cimg0394mf7.th.jpgimg183.imageshack.us/img183/839/cimg0397hy6.th.jpg
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 1:56:05 PM EST
I'm also thinking about a B&T as well.

So let me get this straight, the B&T for the MP5 has roughly the same length of a A2 stock? If so, I might be sold as the A2 stock is more comfortable for me than the A3--which by the way, I have one for sale in the EE forum.
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 4:42:17 AM EST
the B&T pictured above is(within a 1/2"+-) the same length(and cheekweld) as the A2 stock. the other B&T is a 1"(+) longer than the A2. The B&T is also a good deal lighter than the A3 stock

Originally Posted By HMC:

So let me get this straight, the B&T for the MP5 has roughly the same length of a A2 stock? If so, I might be sold as the A2 stock is more comfortable for me than the A3--which by the way, I have one for sale in the EE forum.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 5:25:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2006 5:30:38 PM EST by Lonerunner1]

Originally Posted By Landpimp:
the B&T pictured above is(within a 1/2"+-) the same length(and cheekweld) as the A2 stock. the other B&T is a 1"(+) longer than the A2. The B&T is also a good deal lighter than the A3 stock

Now I am confused. So a standard B&T stock is about the same length as the A2? or is it longer? The V94 above has the standard B&T stock on it or does it have a shorter one? And then if you want a shorter folding stock on the B&T, you can just swap out the rear end with a UMP stock which is shorter? They are interchangeable?
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 6:28:23 PM EST
I had an A3 stock.. put in on the gun, then put it up for sale. Looked cool, but I didn't like it at all.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 8:17:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2006 8:19:04 PM EST by Schrambo]

Originally Posted By Lonerunner1:

Now I am confused. So a standard B&T stock is about the same length as the A2? or is it longer? The V94 above has the standard B&T stock on it or does it have a shorter one? And then if you want a shorter folding stock on the B&T, you can just swap out the rear end with a UMP stock which is shorter? They are interchangeable?

The stock in my picture is the BT20155, which is the shorter style stock... I have it on my V94 and V53 SBRs... Love it... I also had the A3 stock, and hated the cheek weld, if you could call it that... I still have the A2 stocks for both of them, but so far, they haven't made it back on to the rifles...

http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=BT20155&storeid=1&image=bt20155.gif
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:08:07 AM EST
yes, standard B&T is longer(1"-ish) than a A2 stock, the shorter B&T is the same as a A2.

yes you can just swap out the rear part of the stock, I did this with both mine, like it ALOT more

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:44:42 AM EST

The stock in my picture is the BT20155, which is the shorter style stock... I have it on my V94 and V53 SBRs... Love it... I also had the A3 stock, and hated the cheek weld, if you could call it that... I still have the A2 stocks for both of them, but so far, they haven't made it back on to the rifles...

What about that rail system, is that B&T too??
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:20:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By FaceTime:

What about that rail system, is that B&T too??

Surefire M63...
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 7:24:17 AM EST

yes, standard B&T is longer(1"-ish) than a A2 stock, the shorter B&T is the same as a A2.

yes you can just swap out the rear part of the stock, I did this with both mine, like it ALOT more

Can they be ordered with the shorter length rear section?
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 11:59:57 AM EST
not sure, I bought both mine used and they came with the longer stock, then a few weeks back guy at HK Pro had the shorter rear part of the stock for $95.....so I got 3, 2 were used to replace the 94 stocks, other for my USC/UMP conversion.

Originally Posted By eric10mm:

Can they be ordered with the shorter length rear section?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:55:19 PM EST
From what I used to see, only the K stock had the 10" option, though you could swap them around. Went looking for the 10" K stock a few months ago, and nobody was selling them anymore, just the full 11" I did buy one of hte 11" K stocks from DSA, and they shipped a 10". Strange, as it's no longer listed on their site, but I sure as hell wasn't complaining.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:09:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By CZ-75Jeff:
The B&T stock is superior to the A3 stock. But the A3 stock looks cooler.

+1, I have both and the A3 looks better but sits in a box now.

Here is a pic of both on the same gun (the rail is B&T also).

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:46:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By MPfiveengineer:

I dunno, I like the B&T better. Nice setup BTW.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:13:23 PM EST

You are welcome to try it at the next CO-AR15 shoot. I have the same screen name on their board.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:21:17 AM EST

You are welcome to try it at the next CO-AR15 shoot. I have the same screen name on their board.

You bet. I'll bring mine w/ my new AAC Striker II to compare.
Top Top