Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2006 12:17:06 PM EDT
Title says it all.  Which do you prefer? I was wondering if the BT when folded would get in the way of the selector or a mag change.  If you have some pics of your MP5 or clone with the BT or A3 I would like to see how they compare.  

Also, does anyone know who makes this stock for the MP5 at SG or have it?  It is a lot cheaper than a BT, but it looks just like it.  

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=243562
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If you notice, the sidefolder stock sits below the ejection port of the MP5, so you will have no probs using it on any MP5 clone; however, I do not own one, so I cannot confirm it 100%, it just looks like it.

Me personally? I'd go for the sidefolder, it looks more comfortable on the cheek than the standard HK slither stock.
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Title says it all.  Which do you prefer? I was wondering if the BT when folded would get in the way of the selector or a mag change.  If you have some pics of your MP5 or clone with the BT or A3 I would like to see how they compare.  

Also, does anyone know who makes this stock for the MP5 at SG or have it?  It is a lot cheaper than a BT, but it looks just like it.  

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=243562

I wouldn't buy that stock...it is a knock off of the B&T and it's gotten negative reviews.  Do a search or go over to HKpro and read about it.   Bottom line...you get what you pay for.

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]

faldoc's gun
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the B&T the best, but I recently changed out the rear part of the stock with the shorter 9" UMP style......and its PERFECT, same length as the A2 stock, a bit longer than the A3, also like the non rubber butpad on the shorter UMP backpart. If you ask me the B&T for the Mp5 should have come with the shorter stock.

I'll try to take a pic

B&T can kinda get in the way when folded if you had a dual mag clamp(on the right side) but not a real big deal. also with the B&T fitting in some gun cases might be tight.

the A3's are nice.......I have one for sale and am keeping one........for that classic look ;)
Link Posted: 10/17/2006 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
The B&T stock is superior to the A3 stock.  But the A3 stock looks cooler.

The cheap knock off stock is a POS.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's my V94 SBR, all dressed up for Halloween...  

Link Posted: 10/18/2006 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#8]
thats the B&T stock I am talking about, like it much better than the normaly seen longer stock.

sweet gun :)

Quoted:
Here's my V94 SBR, all dressed up for Halloween...  

img183.imageshack.us/img183/7883/cimg0394mf7.th.jpgimg183.imageshack.us/img183/839/cimg0397hy6.th.jpg
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm also thinking about a B&T as well.

So let me get this straight, the B&T for the MP5 has roughly the same length of a A2 stock?  If so, I might be sold as the A2 stock is more comfortable for me than the A3--which by the way, I have one for sale in the EE forum.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2006 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#10]
the B&T pictured above is(within a 1/2"+-) the same length(and cheekweld) as the A2 stock. the other B&T is a 1"(+) longer than the A2. The B&T is also a good deal lighter than the A3 stock

Quoted:

So let me get this straight, the B&T for the MP5 has roughly the same length of a A2 stock?  If so, I might be sold as the A2 stock is more comfortable for me than the A3--which by the way, I have one for sale in the EE forum.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
the B&T pictured above is(within a 1/2"+-) the same length(and cheekweld) as the A2 stock. the other B&T is a 1"(+) longer than the A2. The B&T is also a good deal lighter than the A3 stock

Quoted:

Now I am confused.  So a standard B&T stock is about the same length as the A2? or is it longer?  The V94 above has the standard B&T stock on it or does it have a shorter one? And then if you want a shorter folding stock on the B&T, you can just swap out the rear end with a UMP stock which is shorter?  They are interchangeable?
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I had an A3 stock.. put in on the gun, then put it up for sale.  Looked cool, but I didn't like it at all.
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now I am confused.  So a standard B&T stock is about the same length as the A2? or is it longer?  The V94 above has the standard B&T stock on it or does it have a shorter one? And then if you want a shorter folding stock on the B&T, you can just swap out the rear end with a UMP stock which is shorter?  They are interchangeable?

The stock in my picture is the BT20155, which is the shorter style stock...  I have it on my V94 and V53 SBRs...  Love it...  I also had the A3 stock, and hated the cheek weld, if you could call it that...  I still have the A2 stocks for both of them, but so far, they haven't made it back on to the rifles...

http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=BT20155&storeid=1&image=bt20155.gif
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:08:07 AM EDT
[#14]
yes, standard B&T is longer(1"-ish) than a A2 stock, the shorter B&T is the same as a A2.

yes you can just swap out the rear part of the stock, I did this with both mine, like it ALOT more

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The stock in my picture is the BT20155, which is the shorter style stock...  I have it on my V94 and V53 SBRs...  Love it...  I also had the A3 stock, and hated the cheek weld, if you could call it that...  I still have the A2 stocks for both of them, but so far, they haven't made it back on to the rifles...

What about that rail system, is that B&T too??
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about that rail system, is that B&T too??

Surefire M63...
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
yes, standard B&T is longer(1"-ish) than a A2 stock, the shorter B&T is the same as a A2.

yes you can just swap out the rear part of the stock, I did this with both mine, like it ALOT more

Can they be ordered with the shorter length rear section?
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#18]
not sure, I bought both mine used and they came with the longer stock, then a few weeks back guy at HK Pro had the shorter rear part of the stock for $95.....so I got 3, 2 were used to replace the 94 stocks, other for my USC/UMP conversion.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can they be ordered with the shorter length rear section?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#19]
From what I used to see, only the K stock had the 10" option, though you could swap them around.  Went looking for the 10" K stock a few months ago, and nobody was selling them anymore, just the full 11"  I did buy one of hte 11" K stocks from DSA, and they shipped a 10".  Strange, as it's no longer listed on their site, but I sure as hell wasn't complaining.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The B&T stock is superior to the A3 stock.  But the A3 stock looks cooler.

+1, I have both and the A3 looks better but sits in a box now.

Here is a pic of both on the same gun (the rail is B&T also).

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I dunno, I like the B&T better.  Nice setup BTW.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are welcome to try it at the next CO-AR15 shoot. I have the same screen name on their board.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are welcome to try it at the next CO-AR15 shoot. I have the same screen name on their board.

You bet.  I'll bring mine w/ my new AAC Striker II to compare.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top