Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 4:11:53 PM EDT
Can't wait to get out with my new MKE this weekend... What type of lube do you guys use on MP5 style weapons? Is CLP ok or would Slip 2000 be better? Also, what are the lube points on the MP5? Sorry for the questions but I'm a AR15 guy .

Thanks,

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit the rails of the receiver with some lube, either will work. I've just been using rem oil and its been fine for me, I like the thinner stuff. Also lube up the carrier, were it rides on the rails and where ever else. Mainly points of contact from the carrier. Can even put on the hammer and ejector lever since the carrier rides on that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Slip 2000 these days. I like their EWL also.
I've run some Mil-Comm TW25B in a few guns as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I grease my carrier on the rail guides as well as the rear of the carrier where the hammer hits.  I also grease the hammer and the ejector.  I use a light coat of lube on the rails in the receiver, which combined wioth the grease, makes for a slick set up.  I use Shooters Choice grease in the syringe.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been using military LSA - it runs just fine.

prib
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Balistol
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
How about lube on the bolt head, rollers, or locking piece?  Should these be left alone, or lubed up??
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I just use my regular CLP, and yeah i lube up the bolt assembly, however i keep the breach face dry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
CLP & Rem Oil on all major contact points (rails, bolt carrier guides, back of bolt carrier, rollers, hammer face)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top