Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2002 10:11:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
from what ive been told 6 weeks is longer thanusual. call them and politely ask what's up.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Their latest e-mailupdates indicate delivery may take longer than 2 years for new orders. They are SUPER backlogged. And that e-mail also indicated MANY product lines are out of stock. Gone. Dried up.

Sounds like you may have got JUST under the wire, as I called about two weeks  ago, and they are no longer selling M44's.

Surplus may be drying up.

I got one earlier, and they are GREAT shooters. Pure fun.

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#4]
They charged my credit card on/about July 5th.  I happened to call them right around there and they said it would be about 4 weeks.  I ordered the M44 as well, and a 1903A3.

Wave, you're just unfortunate in that you got caught up in the 1903 craze.  If they cashed your checks, you should be getting them soon.  They are pretty helpful if you call.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
The two year figure is for certain variations of Garand that are out of stock.  Winchester and IHC as I recall.  For stuff they have on hand, the current figure being put out is 90 days.  

Waverunner - the Mossbergs are sold old.  Just got a catalog this weekend.  The SG Springfields are still availible.  You may or may not have made the cutoff on the M44's.  Normally item is shipped within 2 to 4 weeks of the check getting cashed.  However, Nationals have started so that may put them farther behind.  The 03 feeding frenzy really hit those folks like a truck.  From April to sometime in June they shipped out something like 12,000 packages.  Nuts.  Completely nuts.

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I associate ording from CMP with ording from the comic books of my youth:  

You never know what you're going to get or when it will arrive, BUT you certainly know that it will be a suprise.

P.S. You can't really see naked chicks with X-Ray Specs!
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]

What the hell is taking so long?!!!

I say that everyday. I am currently waiting on three firearms that I have ordered but not received.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Wave,

My last CMP Garand showed up last month. It took six months for it to arrive (Check cleared in January). I wouldn't worry. If they cashed your check that means a rifle has already been assigned to you. It's just a matter of packaging and shipping it. They are extremely busy this year. Take into consideration the fact that they have recieved over 14,000 applications for the 1903 rifles alone this year  and the fact that a good percentage of the people working there are volunteers. Give'em time...

P.S. Waited 2+ tears for my collectors grade M1.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top