Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/19/2003 11:16:58 PM EDT
I hate to say it, but Venezuelan ammo looks like it may be worse. Russkie crap jams up my .45 and my Mauser, but Cavim ammo actually jams up my Security-Six EVERYTIME! Stinks like cat piss too. How the hell did my countrymen design a cartridge that reliably jams a revolver is beyond me. Pfft.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:20:39 PM EDT
A Russian vacuum?

Sorry, it is the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the topic line.

I had some Egyptian .22 that 40 out of the 50 would not fire. And the one's that did was so under powered that I had to check the barrel for stuck bullets.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 3:52:19 PM EDT
We had some Egyptian 9mm subgun ammo some time ago..probably still have a couple boxes left.

Hotter than hell, and it had primers harder than bricks.

When they fired, they threw a fireball out of a Sig P226 longer than my arm. 3 or 4 strikes wouldn't set most of them off.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:50:11 PM EDT
I was given some French military .45acp that was Berdan primed and corrisive as hell.

About every 10th round failed to fire, It was manufactured in the mid 1950's.

I should have known better, but it was free.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:04:03 PM EDT
A gonorrhea ridden Saigon whore with cold hands.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:45:51 PM EDT
That Indian 308 crap I got
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:25:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NAM:
A gonorrhea ridden Saigon whore with cold hands.

Penicillin does a body good
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:39:43 PM EDT
I had some Czech 8mm stuff that some of the rounds never fired..One round took 11 times shooting it before it fired...I don't like to give up

And that 9mm stuff someone was talking about, a few years back I got some Sellor & Bellot (sp) 9mm sub gun stuff and it was steel jacketed..Majorly screwed up your barrel with a steady diet and like you said, the primers were hard as hell...
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 12:19:15 AM EDT
What's worse then Russian Ammo, how 'bout NO Ammo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:42:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SJetwrench:

Damn, you beat me to it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:22:24 AM EDT

How about buying a few thousans rounds of ammo that you can't even frickin' use (Barnaul .30/06)?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:29:27 AM EDT
did it surrender when shot

Originally Posted By MickAr15:
I was given some French military .45acp that was Berdan primed and corrisive as hell.

About every 10th round failed to fire, It was manufactured in the mid 1950's.

I should have known better, but it was free.

I've used Russian ammo with no problems, but it is in Russian desinged guns, a mosin nagant and a SAR1 (Romanian built but russian design)
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 9:29:07 AM EDT
Back in the early '80's, I bought 12,000 rds of Phillipine .22lr. The stuff had a very thick wax coating, and after the guns would get hot, the goo would ooze out of the triggers and magwells. I washed the wax off the last 3000 rds with a towel soaked with gasoline.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:12:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By llanero:

How about buying a few thousans rounds of ammo that you can't even frickin' use (Barnaul .30/06)?

Why can't you use Barnaul .30/06?
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:57:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Glock31:

Originally Posted By llanero:

Why can't you use Barnaul .30/06?

It jams my Mauser to the point where I need a brass hammer to extract it. The ammo belongs to my dad who bought a TON of it for his Y2K stash. He never shot any of it, so when I picked up a Mauser chambered for the '06, I tried using some of the ammo.
The ammo performed similarly with my dad's Rem700.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:45:29 PM EDT

Evil_Ed:
We had some Egyptian 9mm subgun ammo some time ago..probably still have a couple boxes left.

Hotter than hell, and it had primers harder than bricks.

When they fired, they threw a fireball out of a Sig P226 longer than my arm. 3 or 4 strikes wouldn't set most of them off.

Ditto! That and two cases of S&B subgun stuff was the hottest 9mm ammo I've ever used. Beat the living hell out of my poor old Hi-Power and a 669 (no S&W jokes, please), but never missed a beat in the 76 or Nighthawk.
To be fair; both cases of the S&B buzz-gun ammo were clearly stamped "Intended for use in open-bolt, fixed-pin firearms".
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:03:40 AM EDT
Some of that great Indian junk.
For the reloader it is easy to pull the projectile out with your finger and pour out that sea salt looking stuff that I suppose was the powder in an earlier life.
Some of the projectiles you have to dig out of the case with needle nose pliers since they have been seated to a depth below the opening of the case.
Quality control has not been invented there yet, how the heck did they manage to make the A-Bomb?
Top Top