Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/14/2004 6:36:52 AM EST
I saw one at a gun shop and decided it would be a pretty useful rifle shout it be accurate and reliable. I've always looked at the CAI guns as junk so I was wondering if you guys could let me know what to look for.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:48:27 AM EST
visit cetmerifles.com and gun boards cetme fr8 forum.

as for centurys rifles or any breed,,, unless you can buy and inspect the weapon in person,, pass it up.
they arent very highly rated on the QC end of things, BUT,,,......
if you can find one that is in spec,,with parts that are not worn to hell and back,,you can have a rifle that is very dependable and accurate,
on cetmerifles,com/gunboards there is a list on ""what to look for when buying""
it takes you thru the steps on how to check bolt gap,,check for un ground parts ect. these can also be used on century 91/g3 clone also.

if i was standingin the store id ,,charge the action a few times,dry fire, drop in a gap gauge,, for bolt gap,,, ,, check for canted sights and go from there,thats all you can really do unless the shop takes it aprt for you or lets you do it!

good luck
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:25:32 AM EST
Will do, thank you very much
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:14:09 PM EST
The biggest 2 complaints I have seen is-

1. Bolt gap

2. Believe it or not...the blind pin used to hold the muzzle brake on protruds into the barrel. It seems that the monkeys at Century often drill right into the barrel and drive the pin into the bore...
Top Top