Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 3:45:29 AM EDT
I picked up an M1a last week.  I am wondering which model I have.  At first I thought I had a National Match but now I am not so sure.  Here are the details.

Ser.# 129XXX

barrel-Stainless medium weight? and marked  National Match .308 SS

Stock-USGI w/rubber buttpad and painted black.

Front sight- marked NM

Flash hider-reamed out

Gas system is unitized.

This does not match the current National Match specs but I can't find an older catalog to see exactly which model this is.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I would call Customer Service at Springfield Armory, Inc. and give them the serial number.  They can tell you what model it was built as in the factory.  It sounds like some parts have been changed.  Is the rear sight hooded?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's not bedded, it's not.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would call Customer Service at Springfield Armory, Inc. and give them the serial number.  They can tell you what model it was built as in the factory.  It sounds like some parts have been changed.  Is the rear sight hooded?

Different...nope it is not hooded, that is what has me confused.

I will call them tomorrow

Another question, can you tell me the part number for USGI Springfield Armory parts?   I used to have that info but it was on an old computer so it's gone.  The Oprod and the trigger group might be USGI.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You may have the "loaded" model. It has many attributes of the National Match. I bought a "NM" and had a hard time justifying spending more over the "loaded" model.
http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=14
http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=15
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Another question, can you tell me the part number for USGI Springfield Armory parts?   I used to have that info but it was on an old computer so it's gone.  The Oprod and the trigger group might be USGI.

Download a freebie copy of M14 Rifle History and Development at www.m14.ca  That .pdf file will give you what you need to identify M14 parts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If it's not bedded, it's not.

I only broke it down once so far.  Of the 5 M1a's that I have owned, none have been so hard to break down.  I had to pull on the trigger guard and the mag well area to get the triger group out.  To be honest I was more interested in USGI parts count.than if it was bedded  but I did not notice any thing similar to what I have in my bedded Bolt guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top