Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2002 10:05:30 AM EDT
I was in the gun shop today and saw a preban Bushy with a wierd muzzle break that'd I've never seen before.

It looked like someone cut out a circle in a sheet of metal, then folded the ends together and stuck it on the end of a barrel...wierd.  It looked manufactured, but I haven't the slightest idea what it was...

Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]
add a picture and I am sure someone will know what it is.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Did it look like this?

A JP Enterprises brake; probably the oddest of them all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I can break your muzzle with a sledge much better and cheaper, you know....
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Did it look like this?

www.jpar15.com/jpre.gif

A JP Enterprises brake; probably the oddest of them all.

That's it!  Wierd.  Unless it makes the rifle levitate and fire on it's own, I don't see why anyone would want that melon on the tip of their barrel.

Thanks Paul!
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a muzzle BRAKE, not a break.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for clearing that up, hopefully that grammatical error didn't stretch it's influence over too many AR15 members.  It could get real ugly.

For my blunder, I will sentance myself to 69 lashings, by a hiram of gorgeous scantily-clad women.
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
That muzzle break LOOKS wierd, but trust me, it is EXTREMELY effective (and loud).  Even moreso than the AKey-break.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That muzzle break LOOKS wierd, but trust me, it is EXTREMELY effective (and loud).  Even moreso than the AKey-break.    

Louder than the AK74 brake on a sixteen bushy?

Damn that would be too loud to want to shoot very long!             I'm going to have to get a different upper just because of that shortys brake!

Bob  
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for clearing that up, hopefully that grammatical error didn't stretch it's influence over too many AR15 members.  It could get real ugly.

For my blunder, I will sentance myself to 69 lashings, by a hiram of gorgeous scantily-clad women.

Hokie:
It's HAREM...Duuu-de!
HIRAM'S is a restaurant down by the locks in Ballard...

Restaurant:
www.seattleinsider.com/auto_docs/dining/25792.html
Locks:

I know.  Who gives a shit?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The AK brake IS NOT that loud.  I stood to the side and rear of my brother(4 o'clock) while he fired in order: SP-1 Carbine, Bushy AK Shorty, and my Colt MT6400-C. And the volume increased with each one.  Bushy close to two times the volume as SP-1, MT6400-C about twice as loud as the Bushy.

TS  
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I have friends that have them on their ARs. They are a little noisier that the others on the market. I have one on a Remington Sendero 300 Win Mag. It is very noisy, BUT REDUCES THE RECOIL TO THAT OF A 243. It's nice to be able to shoot 100+ rounds out of my 300 Win Mag in a day without having to worry about a sore sholder for a week...
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Forgot to add that the rifle does not jump from the rest. Allows for fast followup shots.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hokie:
It's HAREM...Duuu-de!
HIRAM'S is a restaurant down by the locks in Ballard...

Restaurant:
Locks:

I know.  Who gives a shit?

AAAARRGH! LOL DAMN! missed another grammar detail!  I will force myself to undergo an additional 69 lashings!  I must be punished.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top