Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/28/2001 1:52:00 PM EDT
I mean the site is AR15.com yet most of the member's here put the weapon down all the time, and to make it worse some of em' got the logo and shit on their name "AR15 Moderator"? What give's, I mean why come here, why not go to AK47.com or something? I happen to love my Bushmaster Armalite 15 copy, because Bushmaster make's great one's, hell I've heard some of the seals and beret's have said "they prefer a bushmaster M16 over a military issued weapon. So to all people that think the AR is weak....

[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not that we put the weapon down for the sake of putting it down, it's a matter of knowing your rifle and it's limitations and weaknesses along with it's strengths. To be a fan of a particular rifle is one thing - to be such a fan that you won't believe any other rifle could be better in some aspect is wishful thinking. I've probably shot somewhere around half a million rounds through an M16 in the USMC, how many malfunctions you think I have seen? Too many to count. We spend quite a bit of time learning malfunction drills for the M16 because malfunctions are expected. While the AR is my favorite military style rifle, it is far from perfect.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
What kinda malfuntion's? I have had one malfunction in about 1000 rounds, but it wasn't the gun it was the round. The bullet must not have been tight enough in the casing. So when I fired a round and the gas kicked it out, the next one was that one. The process jammed the bullet down in the casing and the round got stuck right below the entrance to the bore chamber "locking nut", between the bolt and the edge of the entrance to the bore chamber. That's the only thing I have had happen, but that was the cheap UMC round's from wal-mart.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have yet to experience a malfunction that wasn't due to bad ammo in any factory-assembled AR15 or M16.  The whole M16 jamming thing is way overblown.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi, I'm Schnert... and I'm a Frankengunaholic.

Yeah, I know what you're saying but:

I've had numerous PROBLEMS with AR's.  However, most of them can be attributed to the crappy parts I use to wrench up my frankenguns.  However, I've been pleased with Colt, Bushmaster and Armalite products.

Also, before the Army followed the USMC in the purchase of the PIP M16A2 weapon system - I was issued a Vietnam War vintage piece of crap that was about as reliable as a Raven .25.  Weapons do wear out.  So, it's good to know how to correct the problems when they arrive.  

AR's are great.  But as with any mechanical device, they can be "quirky" at times.

So don't get your panties in knot.[%l]
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had AR jam problems, but I attribute them to everything but the rifle. USA steel 40 rnd mags have weak springs, Wolf ammo blown primers, and operator error. I keep my bolt nicely clean. SHTF I'm in the dark holding the AR. No other rifle.

Whats a better rifle?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright guy, either you are McUzi having some fun, a 15 year old computer nerd, or a fucking idiot with no life. You claim to just not have much firearms knowledge, but then try to sound like an expert! Oh, and bitching and whining because you can't get enough people to agree with you and your opinions gets old quick

To be honest with you, the AR15 is my favorite rifle, hands down. And I'd bank my life on it. And yes I enjoy a good discussion about it, even when I don't agree with everyone else. But somehow you come off sounding like an ass.

xoxo
Seamus
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
who are you talking to?
and why do you tell everyone your not wearing pant's? are you a perv?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I mean why come here, why not go to AK47.com or something?

I was banned from AK47.net.......... :)

-SS
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-SS

Why?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-SS

Jesus H. Christ!, what did you do to get banned from AK47.net?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
who are you talking to?

Dude, who do you think he's talking to?

You may not be a teenager with a excited new fascination with the AR-15/M-16, but you sure come across as one, with your fanatic desire to prove to everyone how the AR is the most sublime weapon ever invented - while at the same time demonstrating a lack of knowledge about many firearm-related topics.

How many years have you been shooting?
How many years did you serve in the military?
How many automatic rifles do you own?

Maybe the people who rack up a lot more experience and knowledge than you with automatic weapons are allowed their opinions here, and express them - regardless of whether they've seen the History Channel program about the M-16 and whether they think the AR is the best rifle every built.

Just my opinion - and my M17S is a better rifle than my AR-15

Link Posted: 11/28/2001 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
---snip----

Just my opinion - and my M17S is a better rifle than my AR-15

Off the meds eh .

Oh you mean your ASA AR rifle!
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Paul,
I love my ASA Frankinrifle.  And even though I built it myself it is still very reliable and very, very accurate.  However, when I am feeling lonely for the feeling of cold blue steel and wood I find myself reaching for the AK47 more often than the AR15.

The AR is a great rifle but anyone who thinks it is the end all of rifles is a moron IMHO.  For example, a AR15 in .223 can't go thru trees or cement walls all that well so a M1A/FAL/AR10 or even a good bolt rifle would be a better rifle in that situation.  Of course I also like the handling characteristics (sp?) of my AK over my AR also....so take that for what it's worth.

Jander100,

Just a little bit advice if you want to really enjoy your stay here.  Be open minded, have thick skin, don't insult the people you are trying to learn from, and most importantly read other peoples posts and learn from them instead of posting every little thought that comes into your mind.  Oh, and learn to use the search and edit button.  Just some friendly advice, people here are very willing to help but they expect you to help yourself also.

Good luck.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't give a fuck what anyone think's about what I say, how fucking old I am, or how a have a facination with the AR, or any of that bullshit, I could kill a fuck with a string off of my Ibanez electric guitar, so I really don't give two shit's and a fuck! Now that aside, I know the AR15/M16/M4, "whatever", is not the most powerful gun or weapon there is", but for the size of it's bullet it shure pack's a punch. But hell that's what I like the weight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#15]
and then there's spelling............

Relax man...you'll live longer

sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#16]
lol what did i misspell?
Link Posted: 11/28/2001 11:02:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
lol what did i misspell?

1) Malfunction
2) Fascination
3) Sure

Those are the only words I caught but I wasn't looking too hard.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey, my ASA upper is as reliable as my Colt and DPMS. Since it was repaired 3 times, it's been 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:42:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I don't give a fuck what anyone think's about what I say, ...

Then why are you taking the time to post your opinions on a discussion forum?

(please don't kill me with the string off your guitar, oh mighty warrior )
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:48:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey Jander- You don't have to drop f-bombs all the time to make your point you know.  Pay attention to what everyone says, calm down- you'll live longer and enjoy life more.  If you can't find it in yourself to do that man- you should seriously consider getting some professional help.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:09:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I don't give a fuck what anyone think's about what I say, how fucking old I am, or how a have a facination with the AR, or any of that bullshit, I could kill a fuck with a string off of my Ibanez electric guitar, so I really don't give two shit's and a fuck! Now that aside, I know the AR15/M16/M4, "whatever", is not the most powerful gun or weapon there is", but for the size of it's bullet it shure pack's a punch. But hell that's what I like the weight.

You had better get off that computer and get back to bed before your Mom finds out you're still awake!  2:15am?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
who are you talking to?

Nope, not a perv. Just no pants.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:54:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I've heard some of the seals and beret's have said "they prefer a bushmaster M16 over a military issued weapon.

The old "I've heard" BS

I could kill a fuck with a string off of my Ibanez electric guitar, so I really don't give two shit's and a fuck

OOOOHHHH, we are all real skeered and you are real intelligent.

Hey y'all, he's a weapons expert AND a trained killer.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:39:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Pass out the toilet paper..The shits flyin
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#25]
This is AR15.com, a group of boards for the discussion(not only good, but the bad as well) of the AR15 and all firearms in general.  It is a fabulous place to learn from people's experiences with their firearms.  Frankly, this forum would not be nearly as successful if all we saw was "My AR is the best rifle ever made".."I shot 200,000 rounds through my AR today without a hiccup"..."Pray to the alter of the AR15, since it surely must be blessed by God"..."Blah blah blah....."
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:19:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus H. Christ!, what did you do to get banned from AK47.net?

I got in an argument with the guy who owns the site "Dthor," and informed him that he was the product of mutant inbreeding and low class cattle mating.....

-SS
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
who are you talking to?

You've never seen the Kentucky Fried Movie have you?

"I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11."

"She was six feet of black dynamite...he was a short Hassidic Jew..."

"Rams plagued by fumbles as earthquake rocks Los Angeles. Film at 11."

"Moscow in flames...missiles headed toward New York, film at 11."

Go rent it NOW!

Av.

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I got in an argument with the guy who owns the site "Dthor," and informed him that he was the product of mutant inbreeding and low class cattle mating.....

Hmmm.  But what did you do wrong?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Hmmm.  But what did you do wrong?

Good point!!! I never really figured that out.....

-SS
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I mean the site is AR15.com yet most of the member's here put the weapon down all the time...[-!-!-]

We have to put them down SOME time.

I can see eating or sleeping or maybe even having sex while carrying and AR-15, but it's hard to drive with one, they don't allow firearms at my workplace, and I sure wouldn't want to take one into the shower.  (I did used to rinse the corrosive Chinese primer residue out of my SKS in the shower, but that's never been a problem with good .223 ammo).

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Then why do I see all these picture's of special op's with their M4's wading through river's and creek's on training exercise's, "sometime's they pop up out of the water totally and the gun has water beads all over it. Does the millitary get better gun's than civillian's?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Does the millitary get better gun's than civillian's?

They are real M4's you know.  Enough said?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Then why do I see all these picture's of special op's with their M4's wading through river's and creek's on training exercise's, "sometime's they pop up out of the water totally and the gun has water beads all over it. Does the millitary get better gun's than civillian's?

No, they get exactly the same (except for being selective-fire).  They drag 'em through the mud because that's their job, and someone else (the rest of us) PAID for their rifles.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

-SS

I always say, if you're gonna go down in flames, make sure it's a freaking bonfire!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
...but that was the cheap UMC round's from wal-mart.

I beg to differ with you on the quality of remington's UMC ammo, I believe it's about as good as any factory stuff out there.  I've got about 2500 rounds worth of experience with them through 2 different rifles (one of which is a carbon-15, the other a bushy dissipator), enough to know it's a good bit more consistent than PMC, and almost, IMHO, as good as Q3131.

Clean you rifle, and try it again, you might be surprised.        
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I gotta agree with Jander100 on this one.........I saw this same picture on Rainbow 6/Covert Ops!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#37]

They just got out of the shower thats why!!!!!  

Does your mommy know you are on the comp. you are suposed to be grounded.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Does your wife know you are having an affair with the sheep, cow's, and probably any other live stock or animal you can catch in the barn? You fucking Billy Bob Willie Hillbilly.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Does anyone want to place bets on how long jander100 will last before getting banned, this time? He must be getting near the end of his current prescription.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Does your wife know you are having an affair with the sheep, cow's, and probably any other live stock or animal you can catch in the barn? You fucking Billy Bob Willie Hillbilly.

You're not very good at this are you?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-SS

I always say, if you're gonna go down in flames, make sure it's a freaking bonfire!

And I'd just about guarantee he's reading this site right now!  He never could stay away very long....

Oh, and please don't tell Jander about Gibson or Fender... why imagine what havoc he could wreak with a *real* guitar!  

Could it be a music-store ninja? You decide...
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
-SS

Ha! Good line!

Don't you like how these UBB owners sometimes act like little dictators?!!
They plunk down some money for web hosting and they're King of their virtual domain!
Top banana, the big cheese!

Grab an alias, jump right back in, and teach the little tin horn he can kill the messenger but the message just comes right back!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#43]
I remember DThor when he "took his ball and went home" from here.  Decided he'd rather set up his own site than continually getting into it with people here.  It seems the AR15 site he set up dried up and blew away from lack of involvement...

Reminds me of this character from Shrek, and the legless Gingerbread Man saying. "You're a monster!"

Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not very good at this are you?

No shit!  I think you broke him.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Jander100

I really don't want to get involved in the fray, but I think you should know that there are many decaffinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Dude,

This is so WEAK that it is funny.  You really are some 13-year old kid with an inferiority complex and a fascination with guns aren't you?
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 4:46:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Hey Jander.  I have another line you can use.
Ready??
"I'm rubber and your glue.  Everything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you."
That'll learn em!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Jander, this is a pathetic attempt at flaming somebody.  Really - read it again:

Quoted:

Now, if you really want to do it right, you need to learn from somebody like McBipolar.  It would read something like this:  (credit to McUzi given where due:)

Jander100:, your incessant posting of sanctimonious bullshit and self righteous
nonsense proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that indeed sometimes the slowest sperm
does fertilize the egg...

All I can think of when my eyes are burned with the continual lack of quality content of
your posts, and moderator ass-kissing is that another 4 minutes
of my life could be potentially wasted should I make the mistake to read whatever you
have written.
You have dirty clothes, BO, bad breath, and I am quite confident that should one open
your top dresser drawer, it would contain skid marked underwear.
Your children will grow to be nothing more then felons or beggars due to their genetic
lineage. Likely, even your car is a smog machine, and pollutes the earth like you pollute
this site. You are a festering infected boil on the ass of gun ownership, with the apparent intelligence of an autistic gnat with downs syndrome. You are the type
of weenie that causes people of mutilate themselves, trying to escape the emotional pain
that people as worthless as you even exist.
Knowing that you are a gun owner, I am strongly leaning towards supporting testing for
firearms. The fact that a man who can’t even grasp the insane hypocrisy that exists in
your constant barrage of self-sainthood is allowed to own a habiliment of destruction is a
fucking social calamity, and needs to be stopped.
You cry like a woman, and you have a night-light to fend off boogie men.
You dress in drag, and you listen to ABBA. I am guessing that early in life, Hitler
encountered the Jewish version of “Jander100”, thus explaining his future actions.
I wish you nothing less then painful pancreatic cancer.
Stones in your shoes on long walks, and blisters on your ass as you sit down to shit.
Sleepless nights,
broken hearts,
hurricane damage to your home,
sadness,
pain,
misery,
“Out of the Closet” outspoken homosexual children,
traffic tickets,
loss of loved ones,
felony convictions for crimes you didn’t commit,
weight gain,
stubbed toes,
sprained limbs,
damage to the transmission of your car on the ONE DAY you really needed it,
always having “something in your eye”,
having to smell other peoples farts in elevators,
long waits at traffic lights,
getting laid off from your job,
medical bills,
having a squib load, then firing a round after it,
holes in your socks,
underwear that’s too tight,
sexual impotence,
limb amputation,
or any other possible iniquitous event that could harm you as bad as your mere presence
harms humanity as a whole.
I believe elimination of inutile cocksuckers such as you could bring everyone on this
planed of differing views together, for the sole purpose of your eradication.
You are living proof that humans can impregnate rodents.
I fucking hate you.

Now THAT is how it's done.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2001 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#50]
a3kid,

Bravo!

You guys should take it a little easier on dander100 (sic). Not only has he "heard" stuff, he's also "seen" pictures.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top