Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 1/12/2005 12:37:05 PM EDT
I've seen some stuff in writing about putting an AR-15 upper on a FAL lower. Is this a feasable combination? If so, could you post some links on how to do this or anything relating to it? Thanks!!

Kris
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:52:44 PM EDT
Never heard of it.

but the thought of attaching a non-firearm to a non-firearm makes me shudder at the thoght of what fun the ATF would have.

FFL requirement for an AR upper or FAL lower anyone?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:07:44 PM EDT
I've never heard of such either.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:16:26 PM EDT
I don't see any way that that would even come close to working. THERE is a bastard half breed around that uses a new made upper for a FAL that shoots 9mm and Suomi (finnish) mags. I will go home and get out the duck tape and see what happens when you put an AR top on a FAL lower!!!!

You are aware that the two weapon systems use different methods mechanically and would be a bitch to try to resolve?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:39:39 PM EDT
I don't think so, you would have to add about 2" to the OAL of the AR upper, just to make room for a mag.  Your locking pin holes would be worthless so you might as well cut them off.  That is just for starters, I suppose it could be done but that would not be an AR upper when finished.  I could see an AR-180 possibly or a Robinson Arms upper but both of those would be recievers as "Firearms".
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:48:50 PM EDT
You sure they weren't talking about the .308 Bushmaster that uses FAL mags?
Top Top