Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 12:37:05 PM EDT
I've seen some stuff in writing about putting an AR-15 upper on a FAL lower. Is this a feasable combination? If so, could you post some links on how to do this or anything relating to it? Thanks!!

Kris
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it.

but the thought of attaching a non-firearm to a non-firearm makes me shudder at the thoght of what fun the ATF would have.

FFL requirement for an AR upper or FAL lower anyone?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never heard of such either.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see any way that that would even come close to working. THERE is a bastard half breed around that uses a new made upper for a FAL that shoots 9mm and Suomi (finnish) mags. I will go home and get out the duck tape and see what happens when you put an AR top on a FAL lower!!!!

You are aware that the two weapon systems use different methods mechanically and would be a bitch to try to resolve?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think so, you would have to add about 2" to the OAL of the AR upper, just to make room for a mag.  Your locking pin holes would be worthless so you might as well cut them off.  That is just for starters, I suppose it could be done but that would not be an AR upper when finished.  I could see an AR-180 possibly or a Robinson Arms upper but both of those would be recievers as "Firearms".
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You sure they weren't talking about the .308 Bushmaster that uses FAL mags?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top