Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2013 7:59:24 AM EDT
On the top of a Fort Knox safe there is a perfectly round hole with a hex screw located on the outside top of the safe.  What is that used for?  Is it part of the manufacturing building process?
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it for a power line to be run through? I don't have your safe but my Liberty has a plug on the back for  a power outlet to be installed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it for a power line to be run through? I don't have your safe but my Liberty has a plug on the back for  a power outlet to be installed.
View Quote

It's for hoisting it around the production floor
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I spoke with a dealer about it once, he claims it is what they use during manufacturing to move the safe around with, they screw in a piece on top and can lift it anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
It's how the souls of your guns escape to the heavens after being smelted inside the safe during a fire.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:03:13 AM EDT
[#8]
FT Knox mentions its for lifting the safe and somewhere in their paperwork when I bought my first Ft Knox safe. It also mentions the proper size eye bolt to use for this and states it will take the full weight of the safe with just the one bolt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top