Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2011 2:09:41 PM EDT
I just installed the Sig factory iron sights to my early production Sig556.  Aside from the front spring pin being missing (any substitutes?), I like the sights.  The rifle just seemed incomplete without them.  The problem is that using the laser boresighter, the front sight seems WAY too high (rear sight cranked all the way up).  What should the sight picture be for the CQB sight?   I will be using an Aimpoint as my primary sight, but would like the the irons to be at least close to impact.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Merkava, what distance are you using to zero the irons to the boresighter?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You say early model Sig.  What sight do you have?  The rear diopter only works with the one hooded front sight.  As for the CQB zero, the only thing I've found on the sig556 forum about sighting in was from a Swiss guy named Daniel.  Everything he lists, which is great info, is for the Swiss sights.  I personally zeroed my 556 classic at 50 yards using the 200 apature and then checked my zero at 100 yards and it was close.  I only have access to a 100 yard range.   With the cqb notch, I put the circle of the front sight in the V and for me the tip of the front sight is POA POI at around 20 yards.  David

EDIT: I can't get the english version to work anymore.

http://www.sigarms556.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10171

http://www.rettung-bs.ch/fileadmin/militaer/schiessplatz_kurse/stgw90/stgw90.pdf

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  I got my Sig556 in 2008.  Early no-sights model with metal M-4 stock tube and many Swiss internal parts.  I bought the Sig factory front/rear sight set from Colorado Gun Sales.  I tried the laser bore sighter at @ 25, 50, and 75 yards. I hope when I can get to the range, it will work out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top