Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 8:38:08 PM EDT
I may have to sell my Springfield M1A. I don't want to but I may have to. Can anyone tell me what it may be worth? I have about 500 rounds or less through the rifle and have only been to the range once with the scope. Here is a run down of my M1A;

Springfield Armory Loaded Standard M1A with S/S NM barrel and black synthetic stock serial #134XXX
A.R.M.S. #18 scope mount and new extra receiver bolt
A.R.M.S. #22 30mm Medium rings
Super Sniper 10X42 Mil-Dot scope with warranty card
Mil-Dot Master manual and slide calculator
Rooster Tactical bolt stop
Rooster NM op-rod spring guide
Rooster adjustable cheek rest
Harris bipod mount
Five 20 round Taiwan mags
Two 20 round USGI mags marked "W"
One 10 round SA mag
Two 5 round SA mags
USGI cleaning kit with multi tool
Fulton gas cylinder wrench
Fulton gas cylinder shim set installed
Extra castle nut new
USGI wooden stock that needs to be refinished
Original SA box and mailing carton

I know what I have into it and I know that I won't get that out of it. But what is it worth?
Thank you, Phessor
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Whatever the market will bear. No one can truly answer this except the buyer. If the gun has any USGI parts, that is a plus.

If it were me, I would consider selling the extras (optic/mount/parts/mags) seperately. Probably take less of a hit. I would definitely list it at Battlerifles.com. Check that board out, if you haven't.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Like SP10 says, it depends.  If you happen to come across someone about  to buy a new Springfield Inc M1A and they want to scope it with a good mount and reasonable priced scope you may get $1500 for the package.  But for a guy wanting just a rifle and half scared of the new Springfield Inc. stuff he may only offer you half that.  As SP10 says if you sell the scope and mount separate you won't have to 'give away' the optics.

Any way you can sell the optics for say $400 (or whatever it will bring) and keep the M1A?   This way you can scare up some cash and still have the rifle.  (I think they are geeky with a scope anyway).

Whatever you sell figure out what your lowert price will be by comparing what is available now and how fast you need to move it, then try to stick to that price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top