Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 2:35:02 AM EDT
I see someone selling an M1A Bush rifle online, but with no pics.  Is it just an M1A with a Mossy Oak stock?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK, an M1A Bush rifle is an 18" bbl'd M1A.  It's basically the Scout Squad, without the forward scope mount.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a rifle used for bursting eardrums of friend and foe alike within a 50yd radius.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I see someone selling an M1A Bush rifle online, but with no pics.  Is it just an M1A with a Mossy Oak stock?

What OEF_VET said but I think the Bush rifle came with a neutered flash hider in the free states.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]

but I think the Bush rifle came with a neutered flash hider in the free states.

Yeah, they all came that way.  I have a pre-ban (not that it really means anything these days) that came like that.  Actually, you can't take the gas cylinder plug out to clean the gas system if you don't shave off the lug.  I guess that's why they came that way.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

but I think the Bush rifle came with a neutered flash hider in the free states.

Yeah, they all came that way.  I have a pre-ban (not that it really means anything these days) that came like that.  Actually, you can't take the gas cylinder plug out to clean the gas system if you don't shave off the lug.  I guess that's why they came that way.

True for the most part.  From page 128 of my book M14 Rifle History and Development:

"Commercial Stabilizer – Springfield Armory, Inc. very briefly made its own version of a muzzle stabilizer which included a bayonet lug for its folding stock M1A-A1 Bush rifle prior to the 1994 ban.  The front portion of the Springfield Armory, Inc. muzzle stabilizer has a short bird cage style flash hider.  It threads on to the rear portion but is held in place by a single SAE 10-32 thread setscrew on the bottom.  Removing the flash hider reduces the length of the rifle by 2.75 ”.  The rear portion of the muzzle stabilizer consists of the front sight base, bayonet lug, and a cylindrical section perforated with gas venting holes.  It is marked Muzzle Stabilizer Springfield Armory on the bottom.  The outside diameter is 0.6 ” for the entire length of the stabilizer."  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top