Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 4:00:24 AM EDT
I'm either getting a great deal on one or practically stealing it, and am just curious of it's value. It's in great shape, the stock is flawless, blueing very nice. Bore and chamber are perfect. All original. $250.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:10:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good price. If it's original blue with matching barrel it's a great price.

Which manufacturer, Winchester, Remington or Eddystone?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Winchester.

One caveat - the receiver ring where it actually says Winchester is ground down. I don't know why. You can still clearly see the Winchester lettering though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a little suspicious, maybe it was ground to cover up vise or pipe wrench marks. A lot of Enfield receivers have been damaged during rebarreling, if possible take the action out of the stock and check the front ring for cracks. Also, all the parts on a '17 are marked with the first letter of the manufacturer name. The stock will be marked on the end under the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I would also look to see if it was drilled and tapped for a scope. I have seen many that were done and a few that were filled and ground down.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top