Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:59:41 PM EDT
I've got a Remington 870 on order at my local funshop, Express model, 18" extended mag tube, synthetic stocks.

Which forearm are they shipping with nowadays? I see at least three variations anymore: The traditional one, with the checkering

The corn-cob looking riot versions

And some godawful abomination of a new design

Which can i expect to get with my new shotty that's en-route?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
i just got the model you are ordering. it came with the traditional checkering. not sure when mine was produced though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If you ordered the Express you get the forend on the bottom shotgun. The one in top picture is the police forend, that comes on 870P.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
seriously?

I wonder why that middle one, which is labeled as the same model I ordered, is different?
Every picture I have up there is an Express model.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know all I know is that it has the 870P forend.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I just purchased an 870 express tactical w/ breacher and it came with a stock that looked exactly like the speedfeed ribbed forearm............
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The top one is the older style Express forend, came on standard Expresses until 08-ish. The middle one is the Speedfeed forend, comes on Express Tacticals, TACs, and Police models. The bottom one is the current Express forend, only recently becoming common (lots of old stock). Whatever you think of how Express forends look, the major downside is the inability to directly unload the magazine. When the forend is pulled back, it blocks access to the feeding port. If at all possible find one with the Speedfeed forend, but if you don't, replacing a forend is pretty cheap and easy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, that was my major concern, a big honkin' forearm interfering with loading.

I'll probably add a sidesaddle to this gun, and if I end up with that bigass forearm, I'm going to have to replace it.
Hrm.... Should be in on Monday. I'll post pics!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought this 870 18" Express 5 shot two weeks ago, and it had just come in to the shop.  It came with the speedfeed style forearm like in your middle pic.  Don't know if it was ordered as a plain Express, or as something else.  But, as you can see, mine now wears 870 Police Walnut:

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Local gun store has two basic synthetic stocked 18" express guns. They both have the new ugly stock with the old "riot" forend.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got a 25077 that is just like the one in the middle.  Has the exact stock and foreend
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine came with the first one, but I've since replaced it with the Speed Feed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top