Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 6:41:50 AM EDT
Topic says it all. Got a Sage coming and know I will want a fore grip on it!

Also, what adapter would I used to mount a Harris bipod on the low rail of the Sage?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
A.R.M.S. #32 for the bi pod.
You will need the little rail adapter from sage for the forward grip.
Once you have this you can stick just about any grip on it.
I use the A. R. M. S. #23 Houge grip.

HTH ~
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What little rail adapter is that? Got a URL?

EDIT: You must mean this one:

www.impactguns.com/store/M14APRS.html
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What little rail adapter is that? Got a URL?

EDIT: You must mean this one:

I can't tell if that's it.
I'm talking about the one shown in this PDF file
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Has any one tried that grip pod?
It looks like it would be perfect.

www.grippod.com

If you did what did you think about it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I wanted to use TD's grip but it doesn't fit
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I put a grip pod on my socom sage set up and it's a perfect marriage.  Alot of people hate the grip pod but I feel that it does have a place on some set ups.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Has any one tried that grip pod?
It looks like it would be perfect.

www.grippod.com

If you did what did you think about it?

I was very hesitant to post this as many on this forum seem to think that the grippod is heresy. I ordered one and just received it yesterday. Now I had not taken it out yet to the range for a test drive, but I sure tell you what, it looks perfect. There is no wobble in it like so many of my other front grips I have on AR-15's. Quality workmanship, sturdy, and enginious. I got the aluminum one because the SOCOM is kind of heavy with the sage already, and you don't even notice the extra weight. I figured aluminum is the way to go for a SOCOM. I guess you might get the plastic one with an AR15. Just waiting for the Sage rail adapter. That would move in more towards the rear and improve the balance.

I agree with many that is is kind of expensive, expecially the plastic one (@ $150). But when you consider that a regular foregrip is about $50, the Harris Bipod is another $70 or so, and all the little adpater do hicky things are another $20-30, it is just slightly more. Still, it does seem kind of high for some reason.

I think it is a 'must have'.

When I get some more money I am going to order one for my AR-15 (probably the plastic one) and get rid of my Harris bipod.

Of course, I want to try it at the range a few times first.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:12:05 AM EDT
[#8]

I decided to go without a forward grip and I put the bi pod on only when I feel the need.
My MOUT rifle does not have a place to put a bi pod on the SAGE...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top