Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2002 11:26:37 AM EDT
Howdy all,
 I'm having a hard time making up my mind so I've come here to the fountain of knowledge know as arfcom, for advice.
I've got a stainless GP-100 that will be my trail gun on canoe/camping/hiking trips this summer and fall. My GF can shoot it well so its the obvious choice, as she will be with me on all but the hunting trips.
Anyhoo, I'm looking to get it coated or treated with a rust resistant/rustproof coating. I really like Black-T (as in what Benchmade uses) and I dislike parkerizing. I'd like it to be dark in color, and non-reflective.
Ideas? is there a product on the market that suits my needs? yes, I know flat black spraypaint would do all that I require, but I'd like something a little more refined ;-)

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]
The only finish that comes to mind is Robar , since it is already stainless I won't worry about doing anything else to it . I've never had a corrosion problem with my stainless Taurus 669 here around the bay where I work .
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I just called Robar to see how much $ they want to NP3 a Gp-100. I was freaking shocked! Debbie quoted me $240.00 for a revolver and $290.00 for a long gun! Shit, I didn't pay $240.00 for the gun! Robar is the type of coating that I'm looking for, but at a much lower price. I'm thinking $100.00 max, not including shipping. Any cheaper ideas?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top