Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2003 8:41:11 AM EDT
I picked one up for $100 bucks in great shape and it shoots great, all the guys at the gun shop say they suck though what do you think of them and what is the best worst .22 in your opion? and what ammo do you guys like for the gun?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The best .22 is any .22 that you like. Alot of people say the Marlin Mod 60 sucks, but mine as always come through for me. Its personal opinion. Id like to get a 10/22 some day, for suppressor purposes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]
MadProfessor is right, the one you like and works for you is the best.  I like my Remington model 597 Magnum, only .22 rimfire that I want.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I wil vote, 10/22, or a Marlin bolt gun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the folowing 22's, I have 2 marlin bolt guns, model 25's but they use diffrent magazines,
1 sears and roebuck bolt gun,
1 rossi pump
1marlin lever gun
1viper semi
1 10/22 ruger semi
1 winchwester semi (jams a lot)
i savage over under .22 .410.
and about 5 .22 pistols.
the viper is the new one to the collection.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"The Viper" one of Remington's worst ideas...

I agree completely.  I thought it was a POS the irst time i laid eyes on it when i was 14or 15 years old
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
IMHO, the "best" .22 is the Ruger 10/22.

I'm not big on remington .22's. my brother had, and replaced three 597's. They would jam constantly with many different kins of ammo and all magazines.

He also had a Viper. It was a cool little gun that would be fun to mess around with at the range. It came with a little scope that worked great shooting good groups at 200 yds.

However, I tried to take one apart once, and I ended up taking it to a gunsmith to have  him put it back together. He had a hard enough time putting it back together, so I definatley wouldn't have been able to put it back together.

BTW, you can trim the bottom of the magazine follower on the 597's magazine and you can fit three more rounds in it. Not that anyone would ever dco anythign like that or anything, you know, getting in to the legalities of it all.

P.S. You're not supposed to clean the vipers. The solvents will eat away at all the plastic parts inside the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top