Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 7:18:46 PM EST
I have an AAC Evolution 45 on the way (waiting for approval from BATF).

What do I use to make it wet?

How often do I clean?

How do I clean?

If this stuff is already posted, please let me know where.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:27:47 PM EST
Probably posted all over the place.

The two most common wetting agents are water and gel. (The gel can be either ultrasound gel or the clear wire pulling gel from Home Depot)

Cleaning - The AAC guy I asked said to use lacquer thinner to clean my Evo-9. Yours will be the same. Pour some in, shake it around, shake it empty. Maybe put a little more through to flush out the crud, then let it dry. (Compressed air can make this much faster) He suggested cleaning shortly after shooting so you can get the crud out while it's still hot and not bonded to the can as tightly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:28:35 PM EST
You massage the inside of the.... nevermind.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:31:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:45:05 AM EST
I also use Clear Glide Gel to fire "wet." I find it creates less of a mess compared to water.
To clean my suppressors I remove the piston(s) and place them standing on end (piston end down) in a plastic container filled with WD-40 and let them sit over night. This is not the spray type WD-40 but the liquid gallon size can.
I let the piston also sit in WD-40 in a separate container to loosen the crud.
After removal, stand on end for awhile until the remaining WD-40/crud drains out.
I then use my air compressor to blow anything else remaining out.
I use Gun Scrubber, normally the synthetic safe version to clean it out. Allow remainder to dry/evaporate.
I clean the piston with a soft brass brush and clean with Gun Scrubber.
Apply grease to piston and re-assemble.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:49:58 AM EST
Pee
Top Top