Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2002 1:47:32 PM EDT
I was at the Lakeland Gun Show today and saw some sweet looking Benelli Nova shot guns.  Both were 12 Gauge 3 1/2" 6-8 shot (I think).  One had ghost ring with night sights other had iron sights.  Ghost ring model was $329  Iron sight model was $299.  This seems like a deal for a Benelli anything (even their novice line).

What I'm wondering is, was that as much of a deal as I thought it was at the time?

Thanks.

BTW this is my first post as a [paying]member....woo hoo
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard.

I have seen and handled the Nova.  It looks nice but is still rather new to have any useful track record.  I doubt you'd loose money on the deal.  For self defense, I like the ghost ring sights with the extended mag.  You might even pony up for the tritium inserts.

Good luck,

Gary
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
You can check prices here:

www.gunsamerica.com/fast.cgi?guncat=1150

Here is some info on the Nova www.benelliusa.com/nova_pump/
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO novas are ugly as sin, but i must say they seem to be on top of the pump shotgun market (for hunting, anyway). thay are light, tough, smooth, short to cycle, and have really cool features. wouldnt be my first defense choice, du to lack of stock changability
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:52:55 AM EDT
[#5]
There were problems in the very first batch of Novas to reach here, but those were quickly dealt by the guarantee. After that they have been flawless in function.

It is designed as a shooter, it is very easy to fieldstrip, even in the outdoors.

Now that it is offered with ghost ring sights, it is even better.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:34:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I stake my life with mine everyday I take it out on patrol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top