Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2009 3:15:44 PM EST
I've got a tactical Innovations Stratus.  I've been shooting Bulk Pack federal through it (copper washed) but it is still super sonic.  I was wondering if anyone shoots subsonic stuff through it?

Also, how often do you clean it, if at all?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 9:07:39 PM EST
What length barrel are you using?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 5:09:52 AM EST
Quoted:
What length barrel are you using?

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:10:17 AM EST
Damn. Not what I wanted to hear.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:22:57 AM EST
Quoted:
Damn. Not what I wanted to hear.

Why?  I might be wrong about the length, I just looked at the pic on the website for comparison.  I already put it back in the safe.

Would the BBL of the upper make that much difference?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:59:01 PM EST
i have a tac 65 and i clean every 500 to 800 rounds..but i keep that puppy greased up with anti seize grease. edge of the baffles and threads...
from what i understand 3.5in is the magic number for high velocity rounds for keeping them sub sonic.
but im not 100% on that
i ussually use aguila subsonic 60 grains though mine. just make sure your checking for unstable rounds...they will key hole and could ding your end cap.
Rem sub 38 grains have yet to ever key hole...There are plenty more options than those two try them all not just the two i mentioned
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 3:23:51 PM EST
The Remington subsonic I have is not copper jacketed.  Would shooting a lead round hurt it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:23:14 PM EST

Quoted:

The Remington subsonic I have is not copper jacketed. Would shooting a lead round hurt it?

I don't think any .22 LR ammo is copper jacketed. Some may be copper "washed" but none are really jacketed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 4:25:35 PM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Remington subsonic I have is not copper jacketed. Would shooting a lead round hurt it?

I don't think any .22 LR ammo is copper jacketed. Some may be copper "washed" but none are really jacketed.

Yeah, I've been shooting copper washed-not jacketed.  Just wondering if lead would hurt.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:45:48 PM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I've been shooting copper washed-not jacketed. Just wondering if lead would hurt.

It was explained to me that both types will "lead up" the suppressor. I've not yet gotten my Stratus, though, to try it.

I was hoping you'd had better results with the Fed bulk pack, since I've got tons of it.
Top Top