Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/30/2002 1:40:49 PM EDT
The ones that come with the pistol. I used to keep them in the "ammo" safe, but now there is no room. I didn't want them laying around for someone breaking in to see what I had, but I don't know what to do with them anymore. I like to keep them if I have to ship the gun anywhere for service. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 7:05:31 PM EDT
I put them in "Banker's Boxes" and stick them in the attic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:44:11 AM EDT
ALmost the same, I put then in a 'small' U-haul carboard moving box and put them in the basement.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 5:18:10 AM EDT
school lunch boxes for the kids!
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 10:50:56 AM EDT
KEEP THE CASE!!!! Keep everything that comes with the new purchase. This included tags, cases, boxes, etc. If you should ever sell the gun, this will add greatly to the value. Or, if you keep the gun in the family, it will also add to the value. The box will also be a record of the S/N, this will be the first thing the PD will ask for if it should become lost or stolen......
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:12:54 AM EDT
What do I do with my pistol box? Store the pistol in it, of course.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:38:01 AM EDT
I put all my gun cases in a box in the attic, and remove the manuals/paperwork and store these in a banker's box with hanging file folders. I don't like the idea of storing my guns in their cases anyway, they tend to trap moisture and I prefer the guns to be out where they can get some fresh air.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 11:40:54 AM EDT
mine are all stacked up on the top shelf in my closet. The rifle boxes are all stacked up a shelf in the garage.
Top Top