Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 10:43:52 AM EDT
I am trying to get into reloading and i am not wanting to buy a whole kit I am wanting to buy it all separately and i dont know what i need. can anyone on here help me out with what i need.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
ok thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am trying to get into reloading and i am not wanting to buy a whole kit I am wanting to buy it all separately and i dont know what i need. can anyone on here help me out with what i need.

Thanks

You'll save money buying a kit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Iv looked into buying a kit before but iv seen that you can get them a lot cheaper buy buying them separately and if they are used,but im going to keep looking around to see what i can find.;
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I got started with a rock chucker supreme.  At first, I thought it came with some stuff I didn't need.  I find out that as I reloaded more, I have used all of it.  Eventually, I bought more stuff.  I shoot over 10,000 rounds of centerfire a year.  Reloading is the only way that is possible.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I think im going to go and find a kit to buy, but what is the best kit i can buy and around how much will it set me back.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a price range of about $200 or $300
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The kits setup to save you money.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#11]
May I suggest..............LEE Press Kit (#90030) or Anniversary Kit (#90050).

www.realguns.com/Commentary/comar142.htm  

IF, you think that it's too much money................I suggest a LEE "C" press. (#90700) It goes for about $35 and comes with a FREE LEE re-loading manual (you'll need it anyway).

www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/browse.cgi?1215231733.1744=/html/catalog/rlpress2.html#LeeAnniversaryPack  

But you said you wanted to buy things separately........and BTW, there is nothing wrong with USED serviceable equipment.   So, may I suggest, for bottle necked GI cases..........

Re-loading manual.
Press.
F/L Sizer Two Die set.
Shell holder.
A way to clean dirty cases (liquid cleaner or tumbler/vibratory machine w/ media).
A way to de-crimp Military cases (swage or ream).
A way to prime cases.  (IF, your press didn't already come with the parts.)
A way to lube cases. (Fingers or pad with lube or spray lube)
Case gauge to check the re-sized cases.
Caliper (though not absolutely needed w/ a case gauge).
A way to trim cases.
Case de-bur/chamfer tool.
Powder measure.
Scale.

Powder.
Primers.
Bullets.
And cartridge cases.

I feel that these basic tools will do, for simple ammunition production.

Remember, there is more than one way to skin a cat.   And, there are many other tools that one can purchase to do other specific jobs.  

HTH.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Now that i see what everything is i need to buy i see why everybody is saying that its cheaper to go ahead and buy a kit and then buy other things that i will need down the road. I think i might look at the Lee press kits.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I just found this one and im thinking about buying it to get started. Is this a good set up to get started ?

Sorry i dont know how to hot link it

www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod2.jsp?id=0053986&navCount=2&parentId=cat20847&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCatcat602007-cat20847&parentType=index&indexId=cat20847&rid=

add hotlink.  AeroE
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:25:21 AM EDT
[#14]
That's the kit I just now got started with too and I have a little less than $200 invested so far.  Since I have never experienced the "good" reloading equipment, I think the Lee stuff will do just fine for my foreseeable reloading needs - ~200 rounds of .223 a month.  Make sure you budget for a reloading manual or 2 - Look for ABCs of reloading on ebay for cheap, and at the very least get the Lee reloading manual to help with the details of your equipment.  Have fun with your new hobby!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top