Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 9:18:32 PM EDT
You know, the from my cold dead finger type?
A real one from that time period???

AND

Who makes a replica that will fires rounds?

OK, so I'm looking older than C&R...
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I dont know of any retail places. But once or twice a year here in Baltimore there is a gun show thats JUST for the type of firearms your looking for. Nothing made past 1886 I think.

I mean this show is BIG! People from all over the world come to this show and I think it has over 900 vendors.

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
hmmmmmmm

if you think about it let me know when the next one comes around!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
hmmmmmmm

if you think about it let me know when the next one comes around!

Okay, I will. I am telling you this show is worth the trip up here if you are into those type of old guns.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Replicas are made by www.davide-pedersoli.com/eng/default.htm and there is another one that Benelli owns but its name escapes me. The Pedersolis are fine guns by all accounts. I dont actually own one though.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#5]
My brother has owned a replica Tower Musket (Brown Bess) flintlock for so long that it looks like an original.  Lots of fun to shoot and a PITA to clean!  He's shot skeet with it -- but the reload times are a killer.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I like this one:

I understand these are the type of rifles used by our troops in my area during the Revolutionary war.

In 1763 France adopted a new model infantry musket, much stronger than the previous models, to answer the accelerated fighting during the War of the Seven Years which ended that same year. The new musket however appeared soon to be too heavy and after only three years it was replaced by its modified version, known as Model 1766, projected by M. de Montbeillard, Inspector of Saint Etienne Manufacture. The new model appeared to be very strong and reliable inspite it was remarkably lightened. The Model 1766 was manufactured in more than 150.000 pieces till in 1770; after such date it has been progressly replaced by the Model 1770/71 and all the rifles the corps used till then given back to be stored. When in 1776 started the American Independence War, France happened to have plenty of Model 1766 muskets and able to supply large quantities to the United States of America Army. The musket is produced in .69 caliber, with walnut stock.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I'm pretty damn sure you don't need a C&R to buy a muzzle loading firearm, as the ATF doesn't really define them as firearms.   I ordered a flintlock rifle from Cabelas a couple years ago.  No FFL or nothin.  Straight to me.  

Frontstuffin is fun, but I freakin hate the cleanup!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top