Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/2/2002 1:29:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/2/2002 1:30:19 PM EDT by glock23c]
I am in the process of getting a new upper (A2 or A3, just have to decide). I need the stripped upper only. I have looked on ebay, and I see DPMS, Rock River and R B Precision. I guess I can also order a Bushie upper from BM. Is there any differences in uppers? Is there any one (or ones) I need to steer clear of?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:23:53 PM EDT
Most all uppers (and lot's of the other main parts too) are made at only a few places and then sold to Bushmaster, Colt, RRA, etc... so there's almost no difference between them. There are exceptions so buy from a place that will work with you incase it's not up to par for some reason. I would just go thru Pete in NH or SableCo and you'll do very well with them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:53:11 PM EDT
It depends what you want it for.Not all the manufactures offer a chrome lined bore (bushy does).However I have a few from dpms that are not chromed and they are as reliable provided you clean them right and use quality ammo.I think the chromed bores are a little more forgiving of crud and crappy ammo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 2:55:46 PM EDT
Also keep in mind that some colt uppers use different sized takedown pins that will not work on a milispec lower w/o a conversion.
Top Top