Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2011 5:26:59 AM EDT
I would like to get a pouch to carry my pistol caliber can on a warbelt/hunting type setup, but there seems to be a rarity of options out there.

I have a pistol caliber can with LCD makes the suppressor unusually long compared to most - 8.5" long, 1.5" diam dimensions.  

I've checked out ATS' pouch, but it's too small.   YHM has one, but it's $50.  Blackhawk is...  well, no comment.  

Update - here is the current list of reputable suppressor pouch manufacturers, with website links and approximate costs at the time of my post; edited title for more searchability:

Current list of vendors:
GemTech pouch::  $35 + shipping

Yankee Hill Machine: has heat-resistant lining:  $48 + shipping

[email protected]:  starts at "$28 and up," custom-made to your specs with document pouch

Advanced Armament Corp:  $45 + shipping

SKT Industries::  $15 + $5 shipping

ATS Tactical Gear pouch:  $20 + shipping

"Blackwater" pouch on closeout:  $18 + shipping
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Steve at Battlecloth ([email protected])

/thread
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]

a sock

Link Posted: 6/14/2011 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe that gemtech and SWR make pouchs.  Check them out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
a sock

Yup tube socks with the cool colored stripes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered the pistol suppressor pouch from Gemtech.  Its at home waiting for me, so I can't give you dimensions at the moment, but I would imagine its what you need!
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I use AAC suppressor pouches.
Link Posted: 6/14/2011 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
YHM pouches for all of my rifle cans (thanks basofil, you high temp protector fabric).  My CCF suppressors & SilencerCo suppressors all came with pouches.  I use a Gemtech pouch for my Multimount & it's great.

If you want a tight fit & storage for your form 4 - it's really hard to beat steave @ battle cloth.  Guy is good people & does great work for a fair price.
Link Posted: 6/15/2011 5:31:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
YHM pouches for all of my rifle cans (thanks basofil, you high temp protector fabric).  My CCF suppressors & SilencerCo suppressors all came with pouches.  I use a Gemtech pouch for my Multimount & it's great.

If you want a tight fit & storage for your form 4 - it's really hard to beat steave @ battle cloth.  Guy is good people & does great work for a fair price.

My SWR can did come with a pouch - but it was one of those basic $10 deals that only has a belt loop and velcro closure; not very functional aside from protecting the can during shipping and storage.  Essentially junk, and I've seen the same things online in the discount/airsoft places.  My AAC came with a pouch (below) that appears to be much more standard with MOLLE and clasp so that will work.

I was looking at BattleCloth, and he has a great reputation from my google searches, but there just wasn't enough out there to get me to purchase.   That guy really needs to put up a website with product photos and options (even if he still only takes checks or MO's).     I didn't like the concept of ordering blind but I emailed out of curiosity and BC did respond quickly, came off as very professional, and did include a photo that I posted below.

YHM was too expensive for my application, although the basofil is a great justification for the increase in cost (that I didn't need).

I didn't realize Gemtech had suppressor pouches (they look great) for $35 + shipping, I probably would have snagged that one had I come back to the thread sooner.   I wound up going with SKT industries out of Seattle, WA - the guy I spoke to on the phone was very pleasant, professional and said he would ship that day.   I'll post back with a review once I receive the pouch.

I figure I'd go ahead and make a list of suppressor pouch suppliers for ARFCOM, since my prior searches revealed so little information on the topic:

Current list of vendors:
-Snipped and placed in OP-

If there's anyone I missed, please post in the thread and I'll update my OP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2011 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Ordered my SKT suppressor pouch on the 14th, showed up in my mailbox today on the 16th (Seattle, WA to Ohio).   Fash shipping.

Photos below:  product as-described:  designed to accommodate suppressors from 6 to ~9 inches long and 1.5 inches diameter.   My suppressor with LCD measures 1.5 x 8.5" long for reference.   There are openings in the bottom of the pouch for drainage, the clasp is adjustable with MOLLE attachments on the back.   No sleeve for paperwork, but not a biggie in this case as I keep copies in my range bags anyway.  

It is more than enough for my recreational usage, but I am not sure of the materials.  Based on looking at it, I would probably choose differently for overseas daily use, but it is going to be perfect for my application - and $20 to my door is VERY tough to beat.   Well made for the price.

Photos:

Link Posted: 6/16/2011 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a Blackhawk! pop-flare pouch for my YHM Cobra-9 on my "war belt."  I got it on sale from Quantico Tactical a few months ago for next to nothing ($10, or less, IIRC).
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:18:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

/thread

THis
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread

THis

Hopefully he's still making them.  I sent him (battlecloth) a PM.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I use a Maxpedition Cocoon Pouch

Also OP you may find this interesting about Obey,
Obey beat up for being pro obama
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I have had great experiences with gear from both SKT and Battlecloth.  You really can't go wrong either way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I need an O.D. green MOLLE pouch for my 5.56 suppressor.

It is for the SPR/M4 and the dimensions are 8.7" long x 1.5" diameter.

A really nice multi-cam pouch came with it, but I need one in OD green.

Do any of the manufacturers make one that size or am I going to have to have one made?

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Do any of the manufacturers make one that size or am I going to have to have one made?

I would use the large pouch that Gemtech sells. The one thing that i have found about the pouch that AAC provides is that it doesn't fit properly with my molle gear
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would use the large pouch that Gemtech sells. The one thing that i have found about the pouch that AAC provides is that it doesn't fit properly with my molle gear

Thanks for the info. To be honest, I have never even tried to mount the multicam pouch on my gear.

I have my multicam pouch up for trade on the EE. I will check tonight to make sure it fits a MOLLE vest ok.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Another vote for Steve at Battlecloth. He does great work and stands by it.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#19]
HSGI makes a baton pouch in all the usual colors.  Fits an Evo 45 perfectly, but should work fine for you as well. Thats i use and would recomend.  Looks about the same as all the other choices allready sbown above.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I use a YHM pouch for my Phantom, works great, and handles the heat just fine.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Steve is top notch and his work is great.  Another vote for Battlecloth.  He supplies many of the current silencer makers with the pouches that comes with silencers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I use  5.11 Single Mag Pouches, and they work perfectly for my Phantom 762 and Cobra 45.

It has dual MOLLE staps in the back, a drain hole in the bottom of the pouch, and most importantly, dual elastic straps on the side that hold the suppressor snug regardless of the size.

The velco closure strap is long, so it can accomodate my 762 can with no problem.

There is no document compartment, but I just fold it up and slide it down inside with the can. Works just fine for me.

As far as heat resistance, I'm sure it's nothing special; But knowing that I'll never will put a hot suppressor inside the pouch, it doesn't really matter to me.

The kicker is that I've been looking for a suppressor pouch I liked for over a year now....and these were in stock at my local gunstore for $14.99 the whole time.

Highly recommended!  

~WTS

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I got a Gemtech one for my .22 LR can. It is made by Maxpedition. Well made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top