Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2005 11:31:08 AM EDT
I am looking at a deal on a used SA M1A that is used. The rifle is supposed to be "pre-ban" and made from mil spec parts as was customary at SA in the early to mid 90's.

What are the things I should look for or ask about prior to making a decision on this gun?
Thanks
Chris
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 12:05:22 PM EDT by Ripcode]

Originally Posted By uafgrad:
I am looking at a deal on a used SA M1A that is used. The rifle is supposed to be "pre-ban" and made from mil spec parts as was customary at SA in the early to mid 90's.

What are the things I should look for or ask about prior to making a decision on this gun?
Thanks
Chris

If you can get the serial number, you can call SA to verify the manufacturer date.

How many owners?

Round count?

Request a 3-day inspection.

Get the numbers/letters off the barrel, bolt, op-rod, & trigger group. Those are the parts that are normally marked and you'll be able to figure out if they are USGI or SA Inc..
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:13:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:32:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2005 6:32:59 PM EDT by mlm1219]

Originally Posted By uafgrad:

Thanks
Chris

Ask him if you can field strip and get the markings off the barrel, trigger group, op rod, and bolt. Post the here and someone will tell you if they are truly USGI parts. Also check out this link for more info.

Top Top