Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2002 6:26:21 PM EDT
Assuming we all collect AR's.. are there collectors of other manufacturers/models/types on the board? (Rugers, Colts, Marlin, etc..)

In addition to my AR's, I collect High Standard handguns.. numbered series autos, western revolvers of Hamden manufacture.

Happy Holidays to All!
Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I also collect WW2 guns, Lee-Enfields, Mausers, I just wish I could get the full auto ones. The one I want most is a MG-42. Still one of the best designs out there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I collect Pen Knives.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
i collect full beer cans and then empty them. recycle them, then re-invest my money into more full beer cans. i'm also collecting a lot of fat around my belt line, i'm not sure why though.

ok, ok, enough BS. i really don't collect anything else. i have some nice AR's and want a few more.

i have though been bitten by the damn Corvette bug, of which i've just found out there is no cure for. i'm wanting a C3.

ColtC.
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I collect these. Model 99 Savages. Without a doubt, the greatest lever-action rifle EVER

Link Posted: 12/7/2002 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#5]
tools to work on guns

sks's/ak's/fal's/kel-tek's/870's/ and one of alot of other stuff
Link Posted: 12/7/2002 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I collect dust.

ColtShorty©

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#7]
LOL ColtShorty!

so; let's be serious.. firearm related collectibles only.  There must be other HS collectors, or Colt SAA's, etc.. on this board.

Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Remington .22s.  A fun collection dating back to the very early 1900's.  Examining the "evolution" of the guns is very interesting.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Glocks, AR's, shotguns, .22's, hunting rifles, blackpowder rifles, etc.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Magazines and ammo?

I have US military rifles and pistols going back to WWI. Still need a Thompson but unless I move soon that's going to have to wait.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Simply love S&W N-frames.

Recently I bought a 4 inch Model 27-2 357Mag in great shape for just over 400 out the door.    In another shop here in town there is yet another 27-2 4incher for 400 dollars with a nice wooden case and in even better condition(looks unfired almost) and I am having a hard time ignoring it.

I live in Ca. where because of the approval list nonsense the guns that aren't on the approval list can only be bought through private party transfers within the state.   If there was a nice old N-frame out of state I wouldn't be able to transfer it into state to my dealer and then have my dealer sell to me.

400 dollars for a 27-2 isn't so good in other states but here in Ca. it's a great price for the most part on a nearly new one.

Here's my small collection as of now,

4inch 29-3, 4inch 27-2, 6 1/2 inch 38/44 Outdoorsman Postwar gun, and a 6 1/2 inch 45LC 25-3 125th year Anniversary Model

I'm Uber pissed at the moment too because I missed out on a NICE 29-2 that the local shop got in the other day for consignment.    The thing never hit the shelves either, person wanted only 290 bucks for the thing and one of the shop personel snagged it before it ever saw the shelves.    The guy who snagged it just couldn't help but come up and tell me about it, gloating about it almost.

All the N-frames I'm going to collect will be blued models.  I also desire for all of them to be old enough to still have pinned barrels or be Pinned&Recessed for guns like the 28, 27, 29, and 57.   The newer guns they are turning out just don't earn my respect nearly as much as the 20+ year old guns, my 5 screw 38/44 Outdoorsman is the one that started it all when I inherited it from my grandfather.    After 50+ years I can still shoot it with rediculous accuracy and it transfers over to my other revolvers since they are all based on the same frame.

Still waiting on a 28-2 or 27-2 with 6 inch barrel, a 29-2 with 6 inch barrel, a Model 24, and maybe a Model 57.    The hardest part is finding the things in Ca.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#12]
If you looked around my house you would think I collect DUST BUNNY's.  But no.  I think the dust bunny are stalking me.  Where ever I move to DUST BUNNY's start showing up after a few months.
And I don't care what you guys say .223 ballistic tips don't expand fast enough to stop the dust bunny's.
Help I need a good dust bunny hunting load.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#13]
"Commonwealth"firearms. Example, the 1905 Ross, the MkVI Webley, etc.. Nothing really nice, just shootable examples.

Was working on collecting French service weapons.Kind of hard to find ammo for em..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I stopped collecting guns, because I didn't want to shoot them. Every gun I own now, I shoot and enjoy.

The only thing I collect now are coins and miniature firearms (cap guns). I have several ARs,Uzi,M60,M1,etc. They are nice and highly detailed. They look cool.

Greg
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Long Range (Varmiter/Tac/Benchrest)Rifle rigs ar probably what I favor most, but I like alot of sporters as well.  

Also want to put together a collection that goes from the Trapdoor to the AR-15.  (ie. I still need an 03, Garand, Carbine, and M1A)

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#16]
german and american WW2 era arms mostly.
But only non imports.

We gun snobs have our limits

Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Military firearms, along with anything practical. I dont really "collect" firearms, I loving shoot every one. To not shoot a gun is a sin indeed.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't "collect", I just get what I like. I seem to like a lot of things though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I dont really "collect" firearms, I loving shoot every one. To not shoot a gun is a sin indeed.

to clarify.. I shoot every piece in my High Standard "collection".. many are original boxed, but not one is unfired.  I own firearms for my enjoyment, whether sporting or target.. not to simply own.
* I fully agree with others who have posted regarding shooting vs. sitting in a box (Re: NoKarma post: that's where dust bunnies breed!)

I maybe should have stated, what other "interests" are on the board.

Thanks to everyone for your posts!.. any other Hi Standard collectors out there??

Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#20]
us military longarms, with a side of ww1/ww2 european longarms. and german semi-auto pistols. all shooters. and oiler bottles, i collect oiler bottles.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Over the years I used to collect firearms always with the thought of when SHTF but after awhile it just got so that I could enjoy shooting may different types of guns.  If it's different, I will most likely want one.  I'm really into the antiques now especially the Miliatry rifles.  Love my Mauser almost as much as my "Black Bitch".  If I keep collecting my next collection will be gun cases, safes, etc. You can guess why.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#22]
First started with SHTF, then started to put my crazy pieces aside and found myself wanting things like a good old beat up lever action 30-30 or a garand to slowly restore over a few years.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Antlers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top