Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/3/2007 6:54:45 AM EDT
Just curious to see a cross section of who bought what.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Waiting for a FAMAS. Wont even consider any other bullpup at this point, especially not the AUG or any AUG knock offs
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Waiting for a FAMAS. Wont even consider any other bullpup at this point, especially not the AUG or any AUG knock offs

whos bringing them in?
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

whos bringing them in?

Sadly no one, which is tragic. I am passing on the current crop of bullpups. The FS2000 is kinda interesting. AUG's in any form are not. Wasnt impressed before the ban, even less impressed now
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah, I so can't wait for the FAMAS a rifle that has had zero luck with gaining any contracts with anyone outside of France. Oh, and don't give me that line that the French don't like to sell their firearms, because they export and sell everything military wise anyone will purchase.

Link Posted: 8/3/2007 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
FS2000
Link Posted: 8/3/2007 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I so can't wait for the FAMAS a rifle that has had zero luck with gaining any contracts with anyone outside of France. Oh, and don't give me that line that the French don't like to sell their firearms, because they export and sell everything military wise anyone will purchase.

Firstly, contracts have zero bearing on a weapon's capability. I could name dozens of top flight firearms that have no real presence outside of their nation of origin

Secondly. I lived in France for about a year on business (I am a logistics consultant for the defense industry), and since France deploys more of its troops than any other western nation besides the USA, the FAMAS is well proven. All those nasty little corners of the world the USA doesn’t play in because there is no oil present, that is where the French go

Of course someone will jump in and say it is shit, but then again plenty of people say the M4 is shit too. It delivers on the frontline, which is all that matters.

It's the only bullpup I would seriously consider buying.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Then frankly, you need to polish up on your understanding of bullpups.

No disrespect intended....but it's not exactly in a class by itself.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 4:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Walther g-22

Link Posted: 8/4/2007 5:22:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#10]
If someone could make a bullpup conversion for a BPS I would be all over that.

Back to the original topic, if I had the extra cash, the PS90 would be my first choice followed by the FS2000. Lefty friendly ejection is mandatory in my book as the whole point of a bullpup is close quarters shooting.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Well since you don't care. I have a FS2000 that I will be keeping and a PS90 (std) and a tri rail that I am going to sell. In the past I have had a Green AUG, built an AK bullpup and a Bushmaster M17.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#12]
i like the looks of the mossberg bullpup, been looking for one for awhile just as a fun gun and yea you really dont see too many of them around
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
With any luck the RFB will be a nice bullpup and maybe if we all pray really hard the Firearms Gods may see fit to bless us with a US TAVOR that was over $2k.

I mean heck the darn Canadians are able to buy Tavors.

Link Posted: 8/4/2007 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a PS90. I almost sold it because of ammo costs but then realized, oh my god I was going to sell a firearm.

Anyway, it's an awesome little bullpup. With the 16" barrel it's as big as a 10.5 inch AR-15. It's the best shooting firearm I've owned. And I even like the stock sight.

I did discover that it doesn't "drop" rounds out the bottom. It throws them. I had one bounce  off a table, into my hat, and into my glasses. And now I have a scratch.
Link Posted: 8/4/2007 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll be buying an AXR when it comes out.  I personally like shooting the AUG.  THe FS2000 was better than I expected it to be, but teh ergonomics to me aren't that good.
Link Posted: 8/5/2007 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Have FS2000, PS90, Walther G22.

On the list for a TPD AXR.  (Would immediately buy any $2k or less L85A2, FAMAS, Tavor rifles as well, should they ever exist for us mere mortals here in the US.)

Curious about the AK bullpup kit, but lack a beater receiver/rifle to sacrifice to that project right now.  Want to see if I could make it work better.  Closest thing to a Groza I'll ever see, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd buy a FAMAS as well.  In fact, i'd buy almost any bullpup.  I put some trigger time in on an AUG this weekend, and I actually have to say that I think I'm liking my FS2000 better...
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Magpul PDR If/When it comes out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As far as combat proven bullpups...yeah it is. Because the French deploy a large portion of their fighting forces outside their borders the FAMAS has been honed and modified for real combat situations.

Consider the FAMAS FELIN which is the most advanced combat bullpup in the world, well beyond the AUG and FS2000; more like something out of the USA's Landwarrior program or GR2: AWF

The French have done a great job of keeping their frontline weapon up to date and they are constantly tweaking it, much like our M16/M4 has evolved

Furthermore, I think it looks cooler, which at the end of the day, is all that really matters

Link Posted: 8/6/2007 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Where is the ejection port and electronic optic on that FAMAS?
Link Posted: 8/6/2007 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Where is the ejection port and electronic optic on that FAMAS?

Left or right side. The Ejection is controlled, which is the only type of ejection that should be featured on a combat weapon.

As for optics, the FAMAS has advanced quite a bit, resulting in the FELIN model, which is the FAMAS version of the M4 SOPMOD. It has pretty much any toy featured you can imabine.

IR, Thermo, reddot, magnification, a cam which sends visual to a helmet HUD.
The carry handle has also been replaced with a 1913 rail.

In the same way the M4 is king of carbines, the FAMAS is the king of bullpups

Link Posted: 8/7/2007 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm sure the French have fielded it...and I'm sure it works well.

IMO, the Israeli's bullpup is a better weapon. France might use their rifles in the little flare-ups they participate in....buy real warfare? Not quite.

When it comes to cheese & wine...I'll seek a French opinion. When it comes to warfare, the Israeli's would be higher on the list as far as opinions.

Exactly how many hands need to grab that carry handle at one time anyway?

I'd stick with this any day..........

Link Posted: 8/7/2007 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

IMO, the Israeli's bullpup is a better weapon. France might use their rifles in the little flare-ups they participate in....buy real warfare? Not quite.

When it comes to cheese & wine...I'll seek a French opinion. When it comes to warfare, the Israeli's would be higher on the list as far as opinions.

Exactly how many hands need to grab that carry handle at one time anyway?

www.nato.int/sfor/indexinf/129/p04a/b01p051c.jpg

I'd stick with this any day..........

www.defense-update.com/images/tavor-kalai.jpg

With 30 years of Service FAMAS is far more combat proven. It was designed back in '67 and serving since ' 75 making it one of the longest serving 5.56 weapons. As is the case with the M16/M4, with age comes refinement, and maturity, which lends to reliablity and durability, which is why the FAMAS is such a good weapon

TAVOR is still in the testing phase. It has yet to be rolled out completely. I'm sure it will be a fine weapon in the Israeli tradition, I would just prefer the FAMAS

Link Posted: 8/7/2007 10:42:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I got an MSAR STG 556 on the way.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I heard the FAMAS has a built-in expendable rod that a white flag can be attached to.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a desert tan MSAR STG-556 on the way.

HOPEFULLY it'll ship in the next couple of weeks. I'm supposed to be in the first shipment ( # 30-something )
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#27]
none of the above....M17S
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Happy with my FS2000
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#29]
I owned a FS2000 but sold it to buy something else. I like bullpups. I would buy a L85 or Tavor in a second if they offered a semi-auto. I am interested in the American AUGs but will wait on some reviews first.
Link Posted: 8/8/2007 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#30]
VB3, thanks for that additional info on the FAMAS.
I'm looking forward to hearing your guy's reviews when you get the "american AUGs". I also have a MSAR on order.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 5:42:47 AM EDT
[#31]
M17, yo!

Link Posted: 8/9/2007 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

WTF?

All the IDF does is little flareups, and all in the same general terrain. FAMAS is proven from South America to Africa to elsewhere. And for a long time. The Isreali bullpup has not been proven yet in any kind of "real warfare" let alone any "little flare-ups".  

If you're against the weapon design just because it is French, well, that's pretty fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#33]
All this non sense of which is better, it is in the eye of the beholder. I have shot my FS2000 in rifle league for a year and its he fastest rifle I have ever shot, it points naturally, feels balanced, and is every bit as reliable as my AR which I also love. If I could only have one it would be the FS2000 and the TAVOR
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#34]
I've got one from Austria, one from Belgium, and one from American with an Austrian/American one on the way.

That is to say I've got an origional AUG A1, a FN FS2000, a Bushmaster M-17s, and I'm pulling my hair out waiting for the MSAR 5.56.

I <3 bullpups.
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Although I'm not a huge bullpup fan boy, I enjoyed the fs2000 when I shot it,
and magpul's pdw concept is something I'd be really interested in...
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Although I'm not a huge bullpup fan boy, I enjoyed the fs2000 when I shot it,
and magpul's pdw concept is something I'd be really interested in...

Oh yeah...I'm pretty excited about the Magpul PDR.  If Magpuls overcomes some of the issues they face it will be a very awesome personal defense rifle. I'll replace my PS90 with the PDR if it all pans out.

Link Posted: 8/9/2007 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As far as combat proven bullpups...yeah it is. Because the French deploy a large portion of their fighting forces outside their borders the FAMAS has been honed and modified for real combat situations.

Consider the FAMAS FELIN which is the most advanced combat bullpup in the world, well beyond the AUG and FS2000; more like something out of the USA's Landwarrior program or GR2: AWF

The French have done a great job of keeping their frontline weapon up to date and they are constantly tweaking it, much like our M16/M4 has evolved

Furthermore, I think it looks cooler, which at the end of the day, is all that really matters

counternoobs.com/images/famas.jpg

But what good does a rifle like that do for the German speedbump French army?
Link Posted: 8/9/2007 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm definitely going to buy a MSAR AUG, but I'm waiting until they have been out for a while to make sure any potential issues get ironed out. Since Pete is running the project and the AUG is a proven system I doubt there will be any, but I just want to make sure. I have a USR now and when I get the MSAR I will probably sell it. I'll lose money on it but oh well.

I've never seriously considered the FS2000 or the PS90. If the FAMAS were offered I would get one in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I've never seen a FAMAS up close let alone fired one, but as far as I know there isn't one nation outside of France that uses the thing.  You would think if the FAMAS was a great rifle there would have been one contract outside of France for it right?  Heck, the Tavor was hardly even out when it had already won contracts in India and Colombia.

France just approved a multi-million dollar arms deal with Libya and although they were selling everything in a blue light special sort of everything must go sale the FAMAS wasn't on that list.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#40]
I have to agree the FAMAS is a top notch arm but the only chance you will ever get to use one is by joining the French Foreign Legion.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Did any FAMAS rifles ever make it into the states? I've seen SAR-21s, the proposed civilian version of Tavors and I have heard that even some SA80s made it across the pond, but never seen a FAMAS here.

Although there were some French soldiers that did some training with the Marines here state side using one of our Urban Training Centers so at least a few Devil Dogs got a chance to play with the thing.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I have to agree the FAMAS is a top notch arm but the only chance you will ever get to use one is by joining the French Foreign Legion.

Century International Arms imported the FAMAS in very limited quantities. They are expensive as hell now if you lucky enough to come across one. If I recall correctly they only imported the G1/non-STANAG version as well

The odds of the FAMAS ever being sold stateside again is pretty unlikely, which is a shame.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Century International Arms imported the FAMAS in very limited quantities. They are expensive as hell now if you lucky enough to come across one. If I recall correctly they only imported the G1/non-STANAG version as well

The odds of the FAMAS ever being sold stateside again is pretty unlikely, which is a shame.

Eventually the French army will surplus out the G1s and some enterprising firearms enthusist will make clones. It just won't be for a long time.

That is assuming of course that 922(r) doesn't get any worse.

Also, a couple years ago I know a FAMAS sold at Knob Creek for $14k, personally I would have rather spent the money on a registered trigger pack AUG which go for the same ammount, but hey, different strokes.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Oh yeah...I'm pretty excited about the Magpul PDR.  If Magpuls overcomes some of the issues they face it will be a very awesome personal defense rifle. I'll replace my PS90 with the PDR if it all pans out.

This PDR sounds interesting, Got a link to pics/info?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#45]

The Magpul PDR, other then what they said in the defense review article I haven't heard much about it recently.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Is it a 5.56, or some other cartridge?
Something odd about that pic, but the ejection port is way forward of the magwell.  Could it be a blow forward design?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

whos bringing them in?

Sadly no one, which is tragic. I am passing on the current crop of bullpups. The FS2000 is kinda interesting. AUG's in any form are not. Wasnt impressed before the ban, even less impressed now

I hate the french and their crappy weapons.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
www.defensereview.com/stories/magpul/Magpul%20PDR_5.jpg

The Magpul PDR, other then what they said in the defense review article I haven't heard much about it recently.

Well SMGLee stated in another thread that people shouldn't expect the Masada anytime early Spring 08' and I get the feeling that the PDR is on the backburner until the Masada is out with all its caliber conversion complete.  

I'll look into my crystal ball and predict a release date of around Fall 2010 for the PDR.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top