Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I believe so. They’re F9415SLH tubes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I believe so. They’re F9415SLH tubes.
View Quote

Nice score those are awesome specs ????
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just received my BNVD-ULs with Elbit WP tubes yesterday, ordered April 10th. I told Robert I wanted SN: 32 or better and 72 lp/mm or better res. I could have asked for more but it likely would have increased my wait time significantly.

Here’s the specs from my two tubes:

Tube 1
SN: 34.4
72 lp/mm
FOM: 2476.8
EBI: 1.26
Halo: 0.69

Tube 2
SN: 33.2
72 lp/mm
FOM: 2390.4
EBI: 0.91

Overall, I’m incredibly happy as these are the best tubes I’ve ever owned, the BNVD-ULs are a fantastic system, and buying from JRH was a great experience.
View Quote

Those are good specs. The Elbit WP tubes I had were nice, I think you’ll be very happy with them. Congrats on the new BNVD!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to hijack, but how does the BNVD interpupillary adjustment stay set?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!  I’m looking forward to putting some hours on them.

The IPD is set by friction. It’s exactly like a regular pair of binos, quick and easy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I mean, I get it.

I’ll sometimes pay more for a product that’s available with Prime shipping than wait longer for it.

At the same time, and again, you’re talking about a product that you’re going to spend $10K on, that you could easily use for the next 10+ years, the only reason you wouldn’t is because you sold it before then for some reason, whether it’s because you got bored, to upgrade, or you just needed the cash.

For better or worse, each of our systems is what in the 1911 world would be called a “semi-custom” build, which could have comparable if not longer lead times, and we collectively wait anywhere from 4-9 or more months to get suppressors for a background check that takes five minutes to do.

Again, waiting sucks, and I wholly understand anyone that doesn’t want to do it, at the same time, it feels like every time we try to expand our capacity, it’s cool for a couple months, and then the lead times catch right back up—and we’re not alone, L3Harris’ lead time on a BNVD (PVS-31A) is 120-180 days ARO and has been for years (a large part of the reason they’re not commercially available).

That being said, while the website point of sale mechanics are set up such that your card is charged when you purchase a product, whether or not it’s on backorder, anyone is more than welcome to call or e-mail us to work out other payment arrangements to prevent “parking” your cash as well.

~Augee
View Quote

Yall did this once before with me and I appreciated it. I was quoted a 3 month lead time and I paid half at purchase and the other half to ship it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.

And they stay put- do jumping jacks, roll around on the ground, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AV6Fz-Y290
View Quote

Yup no IP stops required, it's basically set it and forget it. It also allows you to rapidly readjust if necessary after your helmet pads settle in or if you need to adjust your helmet chin strap etc.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This.

And they stay put- do jumping jacks, roll around on the ground, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AV6Fz-Y290
View Quote

I think you guys talked me into the best setup for my monies
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just received my BNVD-ULs with Elbit WP tubes yesterday, ordered April 10th. I told Robert I wanted SN: 32 or better and 72 lp/mm or better res. I could have asked for more but it likely would have increased my wait time significantly.

Here’s the specs from my two tubes:

Tube 1
SN: 34.4
72 lp/mm
FOM: 2476.8
EBI: 1.26

Tube 2
SN: 33.2
72 lp/mm
FOM: 2390.4
EBI: 0.91

Overall, I’m incredibly happy as these are the best tubes I’ve ever owned, the BNVD-ULs are a fantastic system, and buying from JRH was a great experience.
View Quote

Very nice. My order was on April 13th so it looks like mine should be coming up soon. Hopefully it has similar numbers.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#11]
How's come you guys never post any BNVDs in the EE?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Got listings for BNVDs and Ultralight BNVDs in my EE listings.  (Assuming you were directing the question to me).
View Quote

I was just being dumb

Your listings temp me often. I should get a clip on first though. Does this weekends sale price have another arfcom discount possible? Also do you charge sales tax for out of state sales?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Shipped today
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Let me know. In jonesing here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#21]
As having the same dilemma as the OP, I think this post needs to be stickied at the top of nvg thread. Their is alot of great information here and I would imagine FAQs for someone looking to get into nightvision... so happy this thread was started
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Got em today

64 res and 29.1 SNR on both tubes

I obviously havent used them in the dark yet but a bathroom visit and there doesnt appear to be any blems at all in the unit

Im going to be up late tonight

Link Posted: 6/17/2020 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#25]
do BNVD's have IPD "stops"

Chase I see you have yours folded up compact I was just curious if there is a grub screw or stopper on the housing. For example if you rotate them out and go to rotate them back down to your eyes if there is a predetermined stop point your can set or if you have to tweak them a little bit each time to get them in the right spot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
do BNVD's have IPD "stops"

Chase I see you have yours folded up compact I was just curious if there is a grub screw or stopper on the housing. For example if you rotate them out and go to rotate them back down to your eyes if there is a predetermined stop point your can set or if you have to tweak them a little bit each time to get them in the right spot.
View Quote

I believe you just move them into place. I dont see a stop of any kind.

Now my experience is limited to rocking them in the bathroom and throwing them on the helmet for 5 min. But they are easily adjustable and I was honestly kinda wondering about them 'staying put' but they do indeed stay put. The force to overcome and move the pods(not sure if correct terminology) just feels right. They feel solid.

Im going to stretch their legs tonight

One thing I was kinda caught off guard by was the illuminator. It seems really nice compared to my 14s onboard illuminator. The 14s IL seems like a joke compared to this one. I was planning on ordering a IR helmet light for messing around in heavy woods but Im really curious if that will even be necessary now with how this IL seems to be working. But I need to use them for real before I get too excited one way or another.

The G24 mount is also super nice. Ive only used a lowly jarm and rhino mount and man this is just so much nicer.

Very satisfied so far.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No need for them.

Just like a pair of regular binoculars for daytime viewing- you simply pull the pods down to your spot once and that's it. They don't move unless you move them- do jumping jacks, run up and down hills, etc.

I've purposely set my IPD much wider than normal and done a lot of work in them that way just to see if the apocalypse happened with the IPD set wrong- no mushroom clouds, no head aches, etc. I wouldn't advise people do this, but I was just trying to figure out what the hoopla hype about IPD was all about.

Anyone who has used a pair of day time viewing binoculars won't have the slightest problem with these.
View Quote

Just to add to this, the force required to move the pods is much more stiffer and requires some effort vs day time binoculars.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Just waiting for night fall

Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:16:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just waiting for night fall

https://i.imgur.com/JYdOpCj.jpg
View Quote

Dangggggggg, with that setup I'd sleep all day just so I could wake and go shoot all night the minute I open my eyes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:19:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Welp i just got back after using them in the woods.

Duals are simply the way to go. Everything just felt much more natural

Also im extremely impressed with these tubes. They are super clear. Even in the deep woods with little ambient light they still kept up.

Here are some pics I took on a little windy road on the way home. No lights nearby. I tried to take the same pic of each tube but to be honest they are both so clean i can't tell which is which now so heres just a few

Very happy with my purchase

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Looks great, pretty much the same as mine.  I took a few pics of mine in the backyard, but my security cameras IR lights make it more illuminated than typical.  I'll take more pics and post after I make a trip to the woods.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Those pictures look great
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#38]
My knowledge is very limited here, but read this thread and it looks like you got a "binocular" setup - I'm assuming you can't separate the tubes.  

Is this set up a lot better than having dual tubes?   I'd imagine if you needed you could operate on one if needed.  

@chase45  what are the specs of what you got from JRH?  the pics look good.  What helmet and mount did you use?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My knowledge is very limited here, but read this thread and it looks like you got a "binocular" setup - I'm assuming you can't separate the tubes.  

Is this set up a lot better than having dual tubes?   I'd imagine if you needed you could operate on one if needed.  

@chase45  what are the specs of what you got from JRH?  the pics look good.  What helmet and mount did you use?
View Quote

64 res 29.1 snr. I cant remember the others off hand. The tubes look great though. Everythings very clear

G24 mount which I also got through jrh. Its a really nice mount
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

64 res 29.1 snr. I cant remember the others off hand. The tubes look great though. Everythings very clear

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@chase45
Thanks for the info, looks nice, which helmet do you have it mounted on?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@chase45
Thanks for the info, looks nice, which helmet do you have it mounted on?
View Quote

I think its a opscore base jump

Ive had it for quite some time now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
@chase45  Is this the set you purchased?
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

This is the set I technically got with the WP tube option.

Im not really sure what the difference is between the two. I just noticed on your link it doesnt have the WP option at the bottom.

I also ordered through phone and not his website.

Buy with confidence. My stuff looks really nice and certainly is a nice upgrade compared to my older 14. I finally found some very tiny pin prick imperfections when viewing a white wall with a lot of ambient light. However in real world use those suckers look clean as all get out. I dont notice any spots when using them outdoors. I wondered if I was going to regret not going all in for some filmless tubes but honestly I have no regrets. These elbit thin filmed WP tubes look really nice and work well even in the extreme darkness of the woods and sloughs I play in. Ive handled it and played with it a ton since receiving it and everything is on the up and up.

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/BNVD-Single-Gain-3rd-Gen-Pinnacle-HP-Night-Vision-bino-BNVDsgHP.htm
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Had a bunch of BNVD's ship yesterday and some shipping Tuesday, so the backlog is starting to get a lot better. Either way your not charged till they ship.

I sent everyone waiting an email the other day with you # in line, if you want to email me with your name I'd be happy to let you know exactly where you are at in the batting order.
View Quote

I ordered on May 28.  Don't think I want to know where I'm at in line.  Might be depressing.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#46]

Last night was my first real night using it with any moon

I honestly didnt think I could really be wow'd since I had been using a gen 3 PVS14 before but it puts a smile on my face everytime I use these things. With me receiving it in a no moon time period each use just gets better and better too as the moon goes through its phases.

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Last night was my first real night using it with any moon

I honestly didnt think I could really be wow'd since I had been using a gen 3 PVS14 before but it puts a smile on my face everytime I use these things. With me receiving it in a no moon time period each use just gets better and better too as the moon goes through its phases.

https://i.imgur.com/g4yBaowh.jpg

View Quote

when I see that picture I think of

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Haha too true!

I seriously love going out and using the SD for night time funs. Extremely quiet and zero muzzle flash.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top