Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2001 7:04:00 PM EDT
Lately I have been doing something that involves a bit of each. Offhand at an 8" gong set at 100 yards, a magfull at a time. I cant remember the last time I shot and took note of how small the group was, I'm sure it was when I was trying to zero an AK, but thats not counting high-power league. I went out Sat and ran 100 rounds through my FAL and rang the gong most shots from offhand, and was well pleased. It's probably just me being too lazy to pack along my bigass spotting scope or hike all the way out there to look.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot mainly for accuracy. I shoot only standing, sitting, kneeling, or prone. If my range allowed it I'd love to blast away at a gong though !
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 4:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]
At the last club I belonged to, I'd go early in the morning and set up a 300 meter target, and as the day progressed, light changed, and wind switched, I'd see how close I could stay to the 3" target center, going through maybe 20 rounds in the course of 3 hours.  In the meantime, there would always be a half dozen parties show up for the blast-a-thon, going through several mags in about 10 minutes, then leaving.  

The ladies in the group should have something to say about this
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I start off accurate & then finish with a flurry of blasting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I do a little of both. Slow shooting at first, then some fast blasting.
If I blast first, my game is off big time.
c-rock
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I also start with accurate shooting on the benches and then move over to the plinking range and letting loose some rapid fire on everything that is in my sights.

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Always start on the precision range confirming weapon and sights first.  After that it's whatever there's ammo and time for.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#8]
My routine:

Rifle / Shotgun:

Silhouttes at 20, 50, 75, 100 and 200 yards.

Practice includes - snap shots, double taps, standing kneeling, prone, from behind barriers. Shotgun - I generally make the last silhoutte at 150 (slugs) and no double taps. Reloads.Shooting on the move.

Handgun:

All all practice from the holster. 5 yrds to 25 yrds. Silhoutes. LOTS of double taps. Shooting multiple targets while moving (jogging speed) from the 10 and 15 yrd line. Barriers. Night shooting (indoor range - turn out the lights). Reloads.

Yes, Virginia - some day I do hope to be a "good" competitive shooter.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
BLASTING. i have an old TV just waiting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#10]
There is no such thing as "Blasting"--it is called "Weapons Familiarization Drills".

Shooting for "Accuracy" is called "Marksmanship Enhancement Excercises".

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There is no such thing as "Blasting"--it is called "Weapons Familiarization Drills".

Shooting for "Accuracy" is called "Marksmanship Enhancement Excercises".

Politically correct clintonista Political correctness is a marxist idea.
GG
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#12]
blasting, only do i shoot for groups but every two months and that is just to make sure that i didnt f up the rifle during the shooting of the past eight weekends....but yeah blasting yeah yeah definitely blastingyeah.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Both.

I like to know how well me AND my rifle can shoot. No doubt. So there are times I go out to the range just for sighting, or accuracy shots.

But most of the time it's just blasting.

Link Posted: 12/30/2001 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#14]
well i am mostly a blaster.  hell until my 9mm upper i did not have iron sights.  i took the 9 out last night and i found i suck at shooting iron sites.  i need alot more practice.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#15]
range is for accuracy the desert is for plinkin and rapid fire fun.I just cant get into tackdriving at the desert.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top