Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2002 5:37:28 AM EDT
I was wondering if the Neostead shotgun was ever imported into the US? The Neostead is an assault shotgun from South Africa. It is a pump action, bullpup with 2 tube mags for a total of 12 rounds. I remember seeing it in Guns and Weapons for LE magazine a couple times, but never saw anything after that. I am a GI in Germany, and a German company is now selling them here to LE and Mil. (they are also planning a German civilian version) I was going to try to see if I could purchase one from them if my intent was to import to the US immediatly.

www.truvelo.de
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. Butt ugly, though.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw the same articles you saw and often wondered.
users.iafrica.com/n/nj/njj741t/

Darn short sight radius though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The owner of the company I work for says he saw one advertised when he was in SA.  He got a guy here at work to contact the company about buying a dozen for us (before we found-out the state wouldn't allow us to carry longguns in our trucks).  The importer's response was always, "We're trying.  We don't have any idea how long it will be before the BATF will decide to tell us whether or not we can."  The thing that interested the owner of the company I work for was that the Neostead's are impossible to short stroke.  You pump it away from you to cycle the action, and there is a cam that keeps you from pulling the foregrip back towards you until you've cycled it completely.  This was before I worked here, but the owner said he took six of the guys, who were all former cops, to a local range and not a one could work a pump without screwing it up.  I've never handled a pump shotgun so I don't know what the problem was or if training could fix it.  He was very interested in buying a foolproof shotgun.  Of course since we learned we can't carry longguns in our armored cars, we haven't followed-up on them.

I've always wondered why someone didn't make a double mag tube for a Mossberg 500 or Remington 870.  Twice the capacity for the same length and the ability to switch between the tubes (buckshot in one, slugs in the other) would be very nice.  Also, not being able to short-stroke it sounds like a good thing to have in a stressful situation.z
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought that the Neostead was not yet in full production
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top