Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2010 4:56:57 PM EDT
I don't care who's cans I buy I just want the ones that preform the best on each caliber.  I want a 5.56 can for my ACR and LaRue.  I also need a can for my FN Five-Seven.  Finally I would like a can for my USP tactical .45.

I've looked at a lot, and they ALL say they are the best etc.  I don't care about price, I care about materials and longevity etc.  I don't want a titanium can because I don't like how it holds up to heat.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Define "best".  What features are most important to you?  There are several really good 5.56 caliber rifle cans from several really good companies.  My Ops Inc 16th is my favorite.  I also really like my M4-2000 and run it pretty hard on several SBRs.  SureFire and KAC make awesome 5.56 suppressors.

For 5.7 I vote SWR Spectre for size, construction, durability, sound performance and versatility.

For the .45 ACP I went with an Osprey 45 because I like the mounting system and the way the suppressor indexes.  The SWR HEMS-2 is another wonderful product but not below the magic 140 db level unless you put wet medium in it.  But I do like the HEMS-2 a LOT and would not hesitate to buy one if I was going to almost always shoot the suppressor wet.

The AAC TiRant in .45 has suppression levels close to the Osprey.  It is a more traditional tubular design and performs very well.

Mark
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm hoping Silencerco will venture into rifle cans, so they can cover all my needs
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Key points for me are construction and durability.  Plan to run them hard, and mainly with night vision.  Dbl level is important, but they all fall in a close range, so unless one performs exceptionally well it's not my main concern.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Bookhound hit the nail right on the head. Every one of his suggestions would serve you very well. He's also correct in that you need to reevaluate your needs a little more specifically than just "the best" for each caliber.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm hoping Silencerco will venture into rifle cans, so they can cover all my needs

they are...  I just talked to Mike on the phone the other day to order a custom piston for my Osprey 45 for use on a .44 levergun and he told me they are working on rifle cans as we were speaking.

To the OP:

––  for a .45 can, the Osprey is just sick.  I love it.
––  as for a rifle can, I bought both the QD 556 and 762 YHM cans.  They work just fine and I got both of those for the price my friend paid for an SPR/M4.  Is his arguably nicer/better?  Probly so.  Am I SUPER happy with what I've got?  Definitely YES.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:38:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they are...  I just talked to Mike on the phone the other day to order a custom piston for my Osprey 45 for use on a .44 levergun and he told me they are working on rifle cans as we were speaking.

To the OP:

––  for a .45 can, the Osprey is just sick.  I love it.
––  as for a rifle can, I bought both the QD 556 and 762 YHM cans.  They work just fine and I got both of those for the price my friend paid for an SPR/M4.  Is his arguably nicer/better?  Probly so.  Am I SUPER happy with what I've got?  Definitely YES.

Yup. I was filling out paperwork for my Sparrow yesterday at my dealers, and I commented on how I'd love to see a silencerco centerfire rifle can. He said from what they told him, they're hoping to release them late summer of this year. Still no word on when they're going to have the SS sparrow baffle for the 5.7, but I know that is in the works as well.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#7]
AAC M4-2000
AAC Ti-Rant .45
SWR Spectre

My $0.02

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top