Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 1:56:07 PM EDT
I attended the Appleseed event at the RWVA range in Ramseur, NC.  This has to be one of the best investments I have ever made.  I achieved Rifleman status.  This means being able to shoot at least 210 out of 250 on the Army Qualification Course of Fire.  Ten percent of the shooters in attendance achieved this desirable result by the end of the first day of training.  

The progress made by the shooters in attendance was amazing.  Participants with very little prior experience were able to make solid hits on targets out to 300 yards with great speed.  If we had tried greater distances, I am sure the positive results would have continued.   The program and instruction are that sound.  

The training really drives home the importance of fundamentals.  Drills are done that isolate each critical area for becoming an expert shot at long distance.  

Many of us on this board have the equipment, but few of us get the training.  We think we can do it.  We think it is a given that with our tools we can get the job done.  But the proof is in punching tight groups in precise locations on targets hundreds of yards away with great speed.  None of the gear that we all obsess about matters a bit until we prove that we, our skills, are up to the task.  

No one should consider themself proficient until they prove it.  At an Appleseed event, you will have this opportunity.  The instruction is there to help you if you are willing to persist.  At our event, everyone was willing to aid or ask another participant for help or tips.  No matter your skill level, you will learn something new, teach someone else, and truly no where you stand.  

Becoming a Rifleman and making more Riflemen is what this program is all about.  It is the one effort I know of that has the best chance of steering America back towards the right direction.  

Can you do it?  You cannot answer yes until you attend.

If you are serious about attending, events are coming towards your area.  If these aren't close enough, the group will most likely help run or train instructors for an event at any range you can secure in your area.        
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Where can I find more info on these sessions?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Find more information here:

http://www.rwva.org/yabbse/index.php?board=50.0

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I posted this question in the general forumn with no replies yet,but I was wondering how many people there were and what guns are most prevalant[ie,how many ARs]?What sight arrangement?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link AR-180

I think I could profit greatly from that.

Wish there was one in my area.

I can at least start on my own until it is feasable to go to one...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
There were approx. 70 people at the event.  The most popular guns were CMP Garands and M1As.  But, there were plenty of ARs, FALs, SKSs, 10-22s for the juniours, some bolt guns, and even a Daewoo.  

If you could load and fire ten rounds with a reload in 50 seconds, you were welcome and capable.  

It was amazing the number of malfunctions with each type of rifle.  These were motivated people that take good care of their equipment, and still I saw basically every type of rifle experience malfunctions.  

It may heat things up to say that the FAL was the only popular rifle there that I never noticed having a malf of some variety.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There were approx. 70 people at the event.  The most popular guns were CMP Garands and M1As.  But, there were plenty of ARs, FALs, SKSs, 10-22s for the juniours, some bolt guns, and even a Daewoo.  

If you could load and fire ten rounds with a reload in 50 seconds, you were welcome and capable.  

It was amazing the number of malfunctions with each type of rifle.  These were motivated people that take good care of their equipment, and still I saw basically every type of rifle experience malfunctions.  

It may heat things up to say that the FAL was the only popular rifle there that I never noticed having a malf of some variety.  

I was going to make a nasty comment until I read the last line for the fourth time
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:31:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Is anyone else signed up?  

Any other attendees here?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#9]
A group of us shot the AQT tonight a couple of times.  Both times, I easily made Rifleman status.  Before the Appleseed event, I had never done it.  Now, it is pretty much a sure thing.  

Once again, I have to say this was one of the best training sessions I have ever attended.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, raf.  I will check that out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I would love to do something like that!

I get to shoot out to 200 yards regularly, but I've always wanted to do this exact kind of training!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Tag.

I saw an ad printed in Shotgun News by Fred's M14 stocks about this.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I ordered some of the AQT targets from Fred's, and I can't wait until this weekend.
I am anxious to see if I am a cook or a rifleman.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I wasn't able to make it up there, but I ordered Fred's "Becoming A Rifleman" and the AQT targets.

I'll work with that until I can make an Appleseed event.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Find more information here:

www.rwva.org/yabbse/index.php?board=50.0

Made the link hot and tagged the thread.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#18]
We are going to have an Aplleseed shoot in B'ham Alabama the last weekend in June at SteelCity Shooting Sports Association Range.

More info to follow in SGN and via announcement here.

Spoon
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#19]
thereisnospoon- thanks for the heads up. I got the rwva via a reply from a guy in the ar15 forum about a source for .308 bandoleers. He sent me to RWVA where I saw the info on the shoot. I've IMed you a couple of basic questions. Sounds like a good opportunity.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like fun but I didn't see any in NorthTexas upcoming, so I'm outta luck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#21]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top