Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2001 6:32:50 AM EDT
Hey all,
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
Wife and I are moving out of state a bit after New Years and I could use some suggestions:  

I will need to transport all my stuff and I would rather keep it in my possesion rather than going thru an FFL (state to state) or allowing the movers to take it.
Am in the process of looking for crates for powder.  Primers are already bundled and packed. I understand there are rules for the amounts a private individual can transport and I am keeping to the set rules.
I figured I would break up as many guns as possible into upper and lower halves and split them between my suv and a u-haul trailer. Now because the quantities of things we are talking about are fairly large for a typical individual (more than a few pieces and less than a small gunshop). I wanted to rent a uhaul and hitch it to my SUV.
MY QUESTION IS: with everything going on in relation to security I feel my chances of getting pulled over because of the U-haul are almost guaranteed. I will be driving from RI to Va. can anyone offer a diffirent suggestion or any suggestions on what to do when I get pulled over.  I beleive I am within my rights to transport everything I have regardless, of the quantities but after hearing what happened to oneshot I no longer feel comfortable with our fine police forces and what they may do to me regardless of what the laws say.
Is anyone aware of transport laws that I may have missed that prohibit me from moving my stuff?

Thanks for any suggestions.
NM
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Get a U-haul truck and tow the SUV.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top