Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/18/2005 8:33:00 AM EDT
Am currently serving abroad and in the US army I have been thinking about starting a business , would appreciate what ever help the subject matter experts in this forum could give a novice in obtaining a class 3 weapons permit and Federal Firearms License, thanks for the help Hooahhug.gif
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:44:53 PM EDT
Step 1: Establish business location and hours.
Step 2: Fill out FFL Application ( be sure to indicate that you wish to purchase the class three option)
Step 3: Send money and wait for reply from ATF
Step 4: Upon approval start buying machine guns and suppressors for dirt cheap.
Step 5: Sell aquired merchandise for substantial profits.
Step 6: Sell select and or rare pieces to those that pointed you in the right direction for little or no profit.
Outcome : This is a solid business model for making money and friends.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:47:31 PM EDT
I was looking at the ATF site and the FFL types, and it states that a FFL 01 can deal in NFA items, wouldn't this constitute Class III????

I didn't see anything that stated Class III

www.atf.gov/firearms/nlc/ffl/ffl_types.htm
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:54:35 PM EDT
>.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:48:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By edwin247:
I was looking at the ATF site and the FFL types, and it states that a FFL 01 can deal in NFA items, wouldn't this constitute Class III????
You will first obtain your 01 FFL, this will allow you to deal with Title-1 firearms. After obtaining the 01 FFL, you will pay a "Special Occupation Tax" (SOT) for a Class 3 licence, makig you a 01 FFL/ 03 SOT. You can then deal in Title-1 and Title-2 firearms.

You could do the 07 FFL, and 02 SOT, then you can manufacture title-1 and Title-2 firearms, and deal in both also.

I didn't see anything that stated Class III
Look for "Special Occupational Tax"

www.atf.gov/firearms/nlc/ffl/ffl_types.htm

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:39:40 AM EDT
Thanks for the info.

I looked up the form:
www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f56307.pdf

Ok I see now.
Tax Classes
Class 1 Importer
Class 2 Manufacturer
Class 3 Dealer

As a 02 SOT you can buy and sell, and not actually manufacurer, if you wanted?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:55:14 PM EDT
You can pay the SOT (tax) on an FFL and become a dealer. Or you can get an 02 manufacturing license.

There is no Class-III weapons permit except in some states, like MA has a machinegun permit.
Top Top