Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2002 6:28:48 PM EDT
Anybody shoot the new (at least new to me) Walther .22?  Shop had 2 different guns, 1 in a 4" and another in a 6" (I think, not certain).  Gun looks sharp, and the price was well under $300.  Looks like it could be a nice "plinking" gun with cheap ammo.  Any comments or feedback on this model?  Thks  
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently aquired one of thes with the 3.5 in. barrel.  I have only put about 60 or 70 rounds through it so I haven't got a lot of experience with it.

It is a fun little plinker for sure.  The only thing I hate about it is the double action trigger pull.  It really sucks.  The single action pull is much better though.

For the money it is a decent little toy.  I think I will keep it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
i got mine for $299 out the door with 2 spare mags. i originally bought it to include the GF in my trips to the range. i end up shooting it just as much as she does. its suprisingly accurate and its controls translate well to full size pistols which makes it good for practicing and teaching fundamentals.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had my P22 for about two months now.  I have both barrels for it, 3.5" and 5"w/stabilizer.  A great plinking gun!!  It is very light weight and takes a little while to get use to, but is well worth it.  Also, it is prethreaded to a funky size, but Bluegrass Armory has an adaptor for $60 that converts it to 1/2 x 20 for installation of a suppressor.  Long story short - LOTS OF FUN!! I recommend it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:28:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd take one over a Browning Buckmark or a Ruger Mk II. The only complaint I can think of is the size is a little small for some people, and there aren't any full capacity magazines for it (at least until 04' )

It also is close enought to the P-99 that you could use it as a sub caliber trainer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top