Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2001 8:44:45 PM EDT
Which one of these two handguns would you recommend and why? What are the pros and cons of each one? I actually have a couple of Glocks so I know about their trigger. So, really what I want is info on the P99. I was thinking of the P99 for a little variety.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#2]
For what it`s worth.....gun tests likes the p99.....and a glock is what it is...I guess.....p.s. not being a 9mm fan...but I have a 659 that I keep thinking about trading in....for some unknown reason, I won`t...guess it`s good to have something different around?.....(some would strongly disagree)...
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I own both and i'd go for the 17 any day.
The p99 looks cooler tho, but if i had to trust my life in one of them, again, i'd go for the glock17. Just my opinion.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I tried the link to the handgun forums but there were no topics displayed on the Walther board. I also should have clarified that this pistol will not be used for defense. I use my Glock 26 and 32 for that purpose. It would be for plinking, carrying out at the ranch, and range shooting.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 1:46:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I think between the two, you are going to have to decide what it is you want in the pistol and how it shoots for you. I know both the P99 fans (and I am one) and the Glock fans (I am not) which will swear up and down theirs is better.

The P99 for me is more accurate and I like the DA/SA availability. The front sight interchange really does not do a whole bunch because out of the box it should hit the dot at 25 m. The grip selection allows the customization of the hand.

The P99 40 has had its detractors and many will post here what a big hunk of $hit it is, but I own one from the second production year on and it is my daily carry.

Accessories are in short supply, and there is only one place to get service (2 if you count S&W). It is not a sell out to buy the P99, the SW99 on the other hand directly supports the CLintonistas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top