Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2001 11:47:25 AM EDT
Wich one is better?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a Glock fan and I've never heard any longevity ratings on the Walther but I rarely see used P99's for sale...

I have to say the Walther is a much better shooter.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
So is the Walther a bad buy?

P.S.(And i ask a Glock 19 because there both 9's)
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally I'm a Glock fan so I'll say go with the Glock 17.  Darn fine pistol, and Hi-caps are available.  However I do prefer the G19 to the 17.  The 19 can use G17 magazines, has a long enough barrel for service use, but is compact enough for CCW.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if you could necessarily call the P99 better than a Glock 19, simply because the P99 is still a bit unproven.  In my opinion, the Glock has several major advantages over the P99.
1. Tons of aftermarket parts are available
2. Hi-Cap mags a readily available (expensive)
3. Glock armorers can be found at any Gun Show, and will willingly help you with any Glock-related problem
4. Proven reliability

However, with that being said, I would still pick the P99.  Ergonomics are WAY better with the P99, which enables the gun to "point" faster.  I like the ambi mag release feature, and the trigger is also better than the Glock's.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have shot both and I am not a big fan of the Glock to start with, the Walther is expensive and the High cap magazines are hard to find but in my view the Walther 99is a superior gun. The different grips give you a wide range feel for the gun; different hand sizes will fit better. I would go with the 99
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have owned both...and prefer the P99.  Not that I'm saying anything negative about glock but I find the P99 to be much more accurate and easier to shoot well...
The only drawback to a P99 is the availability of hi caps.  But to me a hi cap is not a big deal...being able to shoot the gun well is most important
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top