Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2001 1:11:56 PM EDT
I've pretty much made up my mind that I want to get one but I'd like to hear from some users.  How are the controls, trigger, ergonomics and price.  Does it come with 2 interchangeable barrels, or just 1.  Anything else I should know ?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
My opinion is that it is very small.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The few that I've shot were very well made little guns.They were not ammo sensitive but would jam almost every time if limp wristed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
 I own one,,,,,,the grip is small for a man, good for a woman or kid.  It has an ambi saftety and decent mag release, 10 shot clip, good sight with replaceable front blades for elevation, pretty accurate and a good follow-up shot.  The trigger sucks, I shoot a lot of competitive pistol and do not care for it.  It has a crunchy singlr ang looooonnnng  hard double action.  It may work in a bit, my kid likes it.  
 I may sell it and use the money towards an AR deal that is coming.  If you are interested drop me a note with a price.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]
i hope santa brings me one then i got to get the gemtech outback? can for it
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
which one do you all have.  I have seen the one with the weight around, but my 3.5 inch barrel one has been backordered for a month.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:00:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the 5 inch with bbl weight disguised as a comp. It does look trick.  We have had two up here, the first was sold to the absolute first guy who saw it come out of the box.
Mine was being unpacked as I walked in my favorite store, I whipped out plastic as they opened the box.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#7]

The trigger sucks, I shoot a lot of competitive pistol and do not care for it.

Are you comparing the trigger to a nice .22 like a Pardini SP or to a pistol in the same size and price range like a Kel-Tec P11?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#8]
 The trigger vaguely reminds me of an S&W sigma, a truly crappy trigger. It has the feel of a liability trigger( so hard and creaky that only the most deliberate act can make it go bang).  I think it will work in a bit, and it is the nicest looking .22 pistol I have seen in ages.  
 This thing is nothing like a Pardini or Hammerli of course. For matches, I shoot a Hammerli 208s, which has a five way adjustable trigger. It is a in a little higher price range.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I was seriously considering buying one until I was told that the barrels on the P22 are very thin.  Don't know if that would be a consideration for you but you might want to keep it in mind...

hsld.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top