Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2001 7:08:43 AM EDT
It looks cool enough and I want to add another .22lr to my collection.  Any comments?
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#1]
NExt to an STI 1911, it is one of the sweetest handguns I have shot. Must keep it clean or it jams. Super accurate!!! Will be one of my first handgun purchases when I turn 21!!!!!

When dry-firing, the trigger doesn't seem to good, but it seems alot better when actually firing. Use only copper plated hyper-velocity stuff in it. The magazine follower can stick to sludge caused by oils and lead debris so dry it off real good after you clean it.
-Chuck
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Just last week I was ready to buy a .22 lr handgun and I went in thinking I was getting a P22 but after eyeing it, I got a Ruger MK2 Comp instead. I love my Walther P99 in .40 but the P22 just didn't seem up to the same standards as the P99 and not even the Mk2 in my opinion. I was busting pigeons out at 100 yrds today at the range. Everybody has an opinion so I just thought I'd let you know mine. Good luck whatever you get.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
 I own one, bought it last week.  Went and ran 150 rounds thru it to see how it works.
The sights are windage adjustable rear and replaceable fronts,they work nice and have a good picture.
It has an ambidextrous magazine release and ambi safety both good features and hard to get on a .22
The fake comp bbl weight is cool and helps balance the nose quite a bit.
Bad news,  The grips are perfect for a woman or teenager with smallish hands, to small for adult males.  The trigger, horrible double action, moderatly crappy single action.  I think the single action will work in a bit but the double will always be HEAVY and long.
BUT, for 250 dollars it is a lot of pistol. I like the looks and it does run really nice.  I ran some doubles and it was nice and quick,points well.  I got it for my daughter and it will be perfect for her.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top