Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2018 12:39:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2018 5:36:55 AM EDT by SickMAK90]
In some locations...

I just scored a Blued ranch rifle for $399.

I have wanted a mini for years but I couldn’t pony up the $750+ dollars for one. I shot it some today and I was very pleased with it overall.

Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:56:51 AM EDT
Is there any way to determine online which stores have them on clearance?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:18:15 AM EDT
Try the website brickseek
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 9:55:36 AM EDT
Local stores moved all of theirs at $599. Clearanced out a bunch of other stuff as well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:01:49 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M15A2:
Is there any way to determine online which stores have them on clearance?
View Quote
@M15A2

Use https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=17200884

Type in your zip code.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:02:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SickMAK90:
In some locations...

I just scored a Blued ranch rifle for $399.

I have wanted a mini for years but I couldn't pony up the $750+ dollars for one. I shot it some today and I was very pleased with it overall.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2s6n5g8.jpg
View Quote
They are not discontinuing them. They're due a inventory clearance to move long standing merchandise for new product. This is normal.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:05:49 PM EDT

I picked one up also. Walmart Corporate is being stupid.

FL law is three day wait on long guns. Counties are allowed to amend it to five days. But FL CCW skips it. Walmart doesn't care. They also don't count weekends. So I can't pick it up until Wednesday.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:36:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
@M15A2

Type in your zip code.
View Quote
None in my AO
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 4:01:33 PM EDT
Just got home with one for $399

Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:19:39 PM EDT
Just got one!

Thought long and hard about it, because I just dropped some coin on a new Glock 19 for my better half.

But, I couldn't resist that price. It will make a great trunk gun for our camping trips.

The first two that I looked at didn't really wow me. Luckily, there was no one in the store who could sell guns so I left empty handed. That Walmart then sold out. I went to another store today and picked one up. The one that I got looked like a completely different weapon from the two that I handled the day before. Better woodgrain. The finish seemed much better.

I picked up a couple of 30 round Promags to go with it. Promag is all any of the surrounding stores seem to carry. These things seem like they are bending with use. Super flimsy. They will be going back to Academy Monday. I am now on the hunt for some factory magazines at a decent price. I don't want to use polymer mags in this beautiful wood stocked gun
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:47:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Joeghoul:

I picked up a couple of 30 round Promags to go with it. Promag is all any of the surrounding stores seem to carry. These things seem like they are bending with use. Super flimsy. They will be going back to Academy Monday. I am now on the hunt for some factory magazines at a decent price. I don't want to use polymer mags in this beautiful wood stocked gun
View Quote
Promag doesn't make anything worth a crap. Bad reviews for everything, idk how they are in business.

The most reliable magazines for Mini 14s seem to be the 5 round and 20 round magazines. I've seen that even factory ruger 10 and 30 round magazines aren't 100% reliable. I'll be purchasing 20 round magazines online for mine.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 9:48:21 PM EDT
Just got one!

Thought long and hard about it, because I just dropped some coin on a new Glock 19 for my better half.

But, I couldn't resist that price. It will make a great trunk gun for our camping trips.

The first two that I looked at didn't really wow me. Luckily, there was no one in the store who could sell guns so I left empty handed. That Walmart then sold out. I went to another store today and picked one up. The one that I got looked like a completely different weapon from the two that I handled the day before. Better woodgrain. The finish seemed much better.

View Quote
Try these

CDNN Ruger Mini 14 Mags, $20 Bucks
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:42:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Master_Shake_TX:
Promag doesn't make anything worth a crap. Bad reviews for everything, idk how they are in business.

The most reliable magazines for Mini 14s seem to be the 5 round and 20 round magazines. I've seen that even factory ruger 10 and 30 round magazines aren't 100% reliable. I'll be purchasing 20 round magazines online for mine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I just spend $40 on a factory 30 rounder...

I’m going to have to order some of those blems.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 11:59:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DonFlynn:

Try these

CDNN Ruger Mini 14 Mags, $20 Bucks
View Quote
Anyone have any experience with these? Fully functional with cosmetic blemishes only?
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:03:04 AM EDT
Only 1 here and it's $599.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:13:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mancow:
Only 1 here and it's $599.
View Quote
Is that what the label says or what price pops up when they go to ring it up?
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 12:50:38 AM EDT
Mine had a tag on it for 599.

On the edge of the rack there was a clearance tag for 399. I had to point it out to the clerk.

Make sure that you look for clearance pricing. And when in doubt, have them price check it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 1:57:38 AM EDT
Brownells has Ruger factory 20 rounders for 28.99.

I ordered 4 and used promo code "JDC" to get 10 bucks off plus free shipping. That ended up being 10 bucks or so more than ordering 4 blems from CDNN when you factor in 10 bucks for shipping.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:29:20 AM EDT

Anyone have any experience with these? Fully functional with cosmetic blemishes only?
View Quote
I picked one up tried it and it worked great.

Not sure what the blems are since the finish seems pretty good overall. (except the word "blemished") I ordered more.

I've got a good supply of factory 30 rounders, factory 20 rounders normal and "blem" and some promags - my 4 promags seem to work (20 and 30 round mags) but not put much through them. I even have a few old triple K's that seem to work. Best bet is factory = no gamble.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:38:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2018 2:40:58 PM EDT by mancow]
Found one, actually two. A friend is buying the other.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:48:58 PM EDT
Is anyone seeing these in the PAC NW region??
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 5:50:52 PM EDT
Use the link and check.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 6:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2018 6:17:12 PM EDT by GSL]
Limited quantity but in stock up in Flagstaff.

College town and full of Californians and pedal bike road hogging rules for thee but not for me twats

Nope.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 7:50:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2018 7:51:17 PM EDT by angelbeast6]
I hate this website someon sometimes... I'll post pics later.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 11:17:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By angelbeast6:
View Quote
I’m not sure why but I’m really digging the mini.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:56:48 AM EDT
I'm not sure why but I'm really digging the mini.
View All Quotes
I'm not sure why but I'm really digging the mini.
I've always liked the Mini. Once I get my Walmart Special, it will be number three.

Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:19:31 PM EDT
https://i.imgur.com/P1BWrrs.jpg

I picked one up also. Walmart Corporate is being stupid.

FL law is three day wait on long guns. Counties are allowed to amend it to five days. But FL CCW skips it. Walmart doesn't care. They also don't count weekends. So I can't pick it up until Wednesday.
View Quote
I see there's a couple in Palm Beach, but don't really feel like driving an hour there, an hour back, then again a week later. None in Broward, so bleh.

If it was the threaded model maybe, but eh.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:30:02 PM EDT
Hmm, need one like a hole in the head but that's a price from the 70s. I may have to get one. It would be a nice truck gun.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:09:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:00:09 PM EDT
Ehhhhh.... this configuration works, but something just doesn't look right.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:12:14 PM EDT
Ehhhhh.... this configuration works, but something just doesn't look right.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/156580/20180820_141003-646018.JPG
View Quote
I wonder if brass will clear that turret? I am trying to decide if I want to get an ultimak rail and red dot it, scope it, or leave it alone. I always liked the looks of a magazine fed rifle with a standard stock and a forward mounted red dot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:41:05 PM EDT

I wonder if brass will clear that turret? I am trying to decide if I want to get an ultimak rail and red dot it, scope it, or leave it alone. I always liked the looks of a magazine fed rifle with a standard stock and a forward mounted red dot.
View Quote
I'll let you know this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:20:15 PM EDT
Every Walmart here & the 5 I checked in PA are out, I guess I'll wait until one of you guys decides to sell his impulse buy & list it on the equipment exchange.
If any of you guys has buyers remorse & wants to get rid of their new mini, shoot me & IM.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 3:45:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By garr:
Every Walmart here & the 5 I checked in PA are out, I guess I'll wait until one of you guys decides to sell his impulse buy & list it on the equipment exchange.
If any of you guys has buyers remorse & wants to get rid of their new mini, shoot me & IM.
View Quote
I have temporarily lost total interest in my AR's because of this thing.

I am going to cross my fingers and toes and hope the tapco mags work. $15 mags sure beats $40 mags...
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:36:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2018 4:37:03 PM EDT by garr]

I am going to cross my fingers and toes and hope the tapco mags work. $15 mags sure beats $40 mags...
View Quote
Thanks, please keep me in mind.

For you guys in PA looking for one the
Walmart @ 6520 Carlisle Pike Ste 550
Mechanicsburg PA 17050
Has a couple in stock,
they WILL NOT SELL ME ONE, store policy say NO FIREARMS SALES TO NY RESIDENTS.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 5:43:37 PM EDT

View Quote
Lol. Me too. I don't know if it is the newness of the Mini or what, but I enjoy shooting it more than my ARs.

Report back on those Tapco mags. I ordered 4 of the 20 round factory mags, but wouldn't mind having a few 30 rounders put back.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:16:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/21/2018 10:21:14 PM EDT by COSteve]

Lol. Me too. I don't know if it is the newness of the Mini or what, but I enjoy shooting it more than my ARs.

Report back on those Tapco mags. I ordered 4 of the 20 round factory mags, but wouldn't mind having a few 30 rounders put back.
View Quote
Be on the lookout for OE brand straight 20rd steel mags on CDNN (they get stock from time to time a it's snatched up quickly) as they have been 100% reliable and actually work as good and hold tighter than Ruger's own. They are $14.99 ea and if you're going for a M14 vibe, they can't be beat.

And as to you liking it better than the AR, I've had this 583 series for over 3 yrs now and I've hardly touched my RRA lightweight middy since I got it. It's true that I like the walnut and steel thing what with my M1A and 2ea of both an M1 Garand and an M1 Carbine, but the compact, natural feel of it is just great. Also, with some simple tweaks that cost me what a good trigger for my AR costs, I'm able to get near 1 MOA with my 62grn Hornady handloads. It's as accurate at 200yds shooting bowling pins as my RRA lightweight middy AR is and just a lot more fun to shoot too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:49:39 AM EDT
Dammit! I've been resisting because I really don't need another gun but at that price it's hard. A Walmart not too far away supposedly has 2 in stock. May have to take a drive in a little while.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 2:57:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2018 3:06:36 PM EDT by alaskas]

View Quote
Tapco! Hahahaha!

Mini-14 buyers: Buys $400 gun ($700-800 in the recent past) knowing the mags that work are $20-40.

Instead of buying a $400 AR that works with $8-10 mags.

Wayback Fact: Way back in the Pre-Ban Era, Ramline made a mag that claimed to work in both a Mini and an AR. I can tell you it didn’t work in a Colt.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:04:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By alaskas:
Tapco! Hahahaha!

Mini-14 buyers: Buys $400 gun ($700-800 in the recent past) knowing the mags that work are $20-40.

View All Quotes

Tapco! Hahahaha!

I have 11 ARs and 3 Minis. I have a pile of quality mags for both.

The Mini-14 is a fun rifle. I enjoy mine and actually want more.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:21:15 PM EDT
I completely agree that they are fun guns. They are light, handy carbines. In a wood stock you get a little of that old time nostalgia feel.

I just think it’s hilarious (with any gun) to ‘save’ $5-10 per mag and then get mags that may (or may not) work.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:50:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2018 3:50:59 PM EDT by aswrg7]
@M15A2

Type in your zip code.
View Quote
No $399 guns in MO
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 4:02:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By aswrg7:

No $399 guns in MO
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 5:42:16 PM EDT

Not bad for $399
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:06:07 PM EDT

Wayback Fact: Way back in the Pre-Ban Era, Ramline made a mag that claimed to work in both a Mini and an AR. I can tell you it didn’t work in a Colt.
View Quote
It worked equally badly in both!
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:34:34 PM EDT
All gone by me. I had a Wally w manager do a search 150 miles .
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:42:06 PM EDT
Clearance rifle, with a clearance scope.

Total for both: Retail $1,165 Clearance $598

Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:55:49 PM EDT
When the Walmart workers find out about it, they buy em up. At least that’s what the clerk told me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 6:56:22 PM EDT
man I would kill for one of those. CA sucks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:25:00 PM EDT

https://i.imgur.com/oJLvtR1.jpg
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/oJLvtR1.jpg
Is that the monarch 3? How do you like it?

Originally Posted By slappomatt:
man I would kill for one of those. CA sucks.
You can’t have a mini 14???
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:46:43 PM EDT
I’m in CA, and while Mini-14s are compliant, Walmart’s here don’t sell firearms.

Damn, I would go buy one in the morning for that price.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top