Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 5:38:57 PM EDT
Selling my bulgy Krinkov and was wondering do I need to find a class 3 dealer or is it the buyer?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If they buyer is in state you can do a form 4 transfer directly to the buyer and once the completed form 4 gets mailed back to you from the atf you can give the buyer the gun and the new stamp. You can then sell your old stamp to a stamp collector if you want.

If it is going out of state it needs to be transfered to a dealer via a tax stamp then another stamp transfer to the person.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If they buyer is in state you can do a form 4 transfer directly to the buyer and once the completed form 4 gets mailed back to you from the atf you can give the buyer the gun and the new stamp. You can then sell your old stamp to a stamp collector if you want.

If it is going out of state it needs to be transfered to a dealer via a tax stamp then another stamp transfer to the person.

This.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What do you mean by selling the old stamp?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean by selling the old stamp?

There are collectors out there who will buy old tax stamps.  No need to keep it if you no longer have the SBR unless you just want to "collect" it yourself.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:53:27 AM EDT
[#5]
People actually buy old tax stamps? Cool. I have one with a face value of $200, so does that mean it's worth $400 on the collector market?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
People actually buy old tax stamps? Cool. I have one with a face value of $200, so does that mean it's worth $400 on the collector market?

The $200 tax stamps sell for around $50 to collectors. The $5 AOW tax stamps are rarer and you can get about $60 for them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The $200 tax stamps sell for around $50 to collectors. The $5 AOW tax stamps are rarer and you can get about $60 for them.

Well, that's about $49.99 more than it's worth to me now. I'll have to look into selling it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's about $49.99 more than it's worth to me now. I'll have to look into selling it. Thanks.

This is who I sold 2 of my stamps to: http://www.ericjackson.com/

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Normal stamp collectors(as in postage stamps) collect them as well as other tax stamps. If you look on ebay you will see a few of them. As someone else said I think they normally go for like 50 bucks or so retail.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is who I sold 2 of my stamps to: http://www.ericjackson.com/

Do they take the whole form or do they pill off the stamp? I have an approved form that 2 stamps on it. The approved stamp is put right on top of the original stamp because I had to send my approve form back for correction. You think it's worth more?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I did a little research, and if the stamp is attached to your Form, it is worth a premium. But I don't really feel comfortable with all my info being passed around, letting everyone know my address and that I like machineguns. I also read that it is still worth a premium with personal info blacked out. Now that I wold consider.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top