Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2001 12:14:07 PM EDT
Hello!

Has anyone here ever owned, fired, or had experience with Mil, Inc.'s "Thunder Five" pistol?  I'm looking for a good close-range snake gun and I figure that a .410 ga is probably a solid choice.

I can't find information about the thing anywhere online, and they're not listed anywhere for sale either.  Are they single action?  Double action?  Is the gun worthless because of how short the barrel is?  ANY information is appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#1]
They are big..they are bulky...they are heavy...I had one for a couple of years..didnt shoot it much...pretty sure they are double action...I shot some 410 OObuck out of it and some bird shot...kinda fun very low felt recoil...kinda impracticle imo...for snakes ..I would just take along some snake loads in my .357 or .44mag (CCI makes some)...you can shoot 45 LC in the five..weighs about as much as a .410 short barreled shot gun...and as about as ungainly to shoot one handed...I kinda liked it..but not enough to keep it...I believe they are manufacured by Holman Enterprises.. either in Tx or Tn
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They are big..they are bulky...they are heavy...I had one for a couple of years..didnt shoot it much...pretty sure they are double action...I shot some 410 OObuck out of it and some bird shot...kinda fun very low felt recoil...kinda impracticle imo...for snakes ..I would just take along some snake loads in my .357 or .44mag (CCI makes some)...you can shoot 45 LC in the five..weighs about as much as a .410 short barreled shot gun...and as about as ungainly to shoot one handed...I kinda liked it..but not enough to keep it...I believe they are manufacured by Holman Enterprises.. either in Tx or Tn

Thanks for the info!  (Good to see another WI member, too!)  I got to pick one up [finally] yesterday.  You're right- the thing is a d*mn boat anchor!  

I had considered the .357 snake load, but my .357 weights just as much as this thing (it's a 6" 627).  Thus, I'd either get a new .357/.44 or just buy the thunder.  I looked more at the thunder because it han handle .45lc.

I didn't consider any NFA items due to the cost and/or the paperwork.  A .410 AOW would be a wonderful choice, but if I'm going to be NFA papered I might as well have a machinegun.  Plus, I'm going to be moving around a bit in the future.  I'd rather not have AOW difficulties; I'm sure some states disallow AOW's.  (Then again, some probably disallow the Thunder Five.)

Thank you for the information!  Trying to dig up much of ANYTHING on the Thunder Five is next to impossible.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top