Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 4:04:24 PM EDT
Looking to pick up a few spares and wanted to get the board's opinion.

I saw Top Notch's website and was looking to purchase a MP5K 16 flute barrel, MP5 ejector and a MP5 spring kit.

Any feedback on these products and how Top Notch treat their customers?

Thanks,

Don
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I have no experience with TN wrt to customer service.  It's because they never shipped two US stock sets for G3 clones I am having built.

I called, ordered the sets and was told it would ship that week.  I never got them and my CC was never charged.

I am not in the habit of chasing vendors down that don't want my money.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
emailed them to order some stuff plus some questions, never replied.

I'll happily spend my money else where if they don't want it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I once ordered an 'in stock' part that took so long to get here I'd forgotten I'd ordered it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The "Toad" is too busy slamming other vendors to give a rat's ass about shipping product.  I guess he does not need the money.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The "Toad" is too busy slamming other vendors to give a rat's ass about shipping product.  I guess he does not need the money.

If he spent half the time working on his product, customer service and shipping that he spends basing other 'smiths, he would be a wealthy man.

I mentioned such a thing to "Toad" on an HK-interest board some time ago and was promptly flamed.  It was fun.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he spent half the time working on his product, customer service and shipping that he spends basing other 'smiths, he would be a wealthy man.

I mentioned such a thing to "Toad" on an HK-interest board some time ago and was promptly flamed.  It was fun.

It's so true though...

If he would just get on some Zoloft or Paxil he would be a fine guy to do business with.

His product doesn't completely suck, but it does need improvement...

He already has the market cornered on HK clones and after market products... I just can't imagine why
his family ( basically his cousin, brother,wife, etc... that run BW/TN/SW/Tactical weapons whatever )
can't get him to just shut the fuck up and improve his products and get on some medication.

I look at Bailey and see wasted potential.

Oh, back to the topic.... Top-Notch shipping...... like Kevin said.... you can forget about it.

Odds are you will order something and you will honestly forget about it.

Good luck though  

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Everytime I ever delt with them it has been good. The stuff might not be exact HK replica but then again the operation is significantly smaller than the one HK probably has. Anyway beyond that I cruze his boards from time to time and he bashes everyone. I have always heard that friendly competition is good but damn this isnt that. This guy created more message boards on his board just to trash talk other vendors. Even if the stuff is true this isnt tastefull.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I emailed them a question and it took 1 1/2 months to respond. I had bought the part from some one else by the time they responed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:13:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought one of their charging handles on a recommendation from AZEX. It was on sale at the time for 11 bucks on some "Crush POF" themed sale. I think I spoke with a male of the species. I asked for a confirmation # or something and he said I didn’t need one. I was prepared for the worst but damn if it didn’t show in 6 days.  I got lucky.

JLD has the US parts pretty well cornered now. We shouldn’t need any SW parts ever again.

JR
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#10]
JLD has nothing but the HK91 clone "cornered"

SW/TN/BW/TTA  has the rest of the HK9x series cornered for US parts and new manufacturing !

There are 2 ways to look at them as a company.

1. I need them to be "compliant", but their customer service and business practices suck !

2. I really love HKs and clones... but they just aren't worth it, I'm gonna buy another M4  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:55:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Gentlemen,

Thank you for the feedback.

Don
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#12]
A while back, I ordered a olive colored MP5 hand guard and olive navy style lower and received them pretty quickly without issue.  On another occassion I ordered a plastic SEF housing for a Vector clone and again got it pretty quickly without issue.  I've also called them to inquire about other parts that I hoped they'd have in stock.  They always would tell me if it wasn't available for immediate shipment and I'd look elsewhere.  The key for me is not to place any standing order with TN based on a estimate of availability.  I don't like not knowing 100% when I'll get a accessory.  If they tell me that the part is on the shelf and they're looking at it, then I order it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top