Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 6:07:05 PM EDT
I have seen the stock sold by Cav arms that allows an AR stock to be mounted with an attached rail.  I have a speed feed PG stock on the gun now.  I am interested in checking out an Eotech on the gun.  Has anybody successfully mounted a rail to the top of the receiver.  I have seen rails available and I have seen the no drill mounts.

I am looking for an estimate on cost of putting a rail onto the receiver (even a recommendation of who would do a good job at this).  Right now I have a bead sight.  I would like to change to rifle sights and maybe a Vancomp job on a SBS (12/14") barrel.  Just looking at getting the gun operational and then I will check out the barrels.

Thank you,

Mike

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I had my reciever drilled and they put the rail directly on it.  They did a good job and they are one of the higher priced shops in my area.  Cost was $55 and some change.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I drilled and tapped a receiver and mounted a pic rail on it. works good. pic rail wasnt even designed for it. Loctite the screws in place though or it will come loose.

Mark
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the replies.  I also saw the KAC RAS 870 rail.  That is about what I am looking for.  I will keep my eyes open for other ideas as well.

Thanks

Mike
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to follow up.  I have shoulder mounted my 870 with a speedfeed PG stock with the shell holders.  My cheek rests on one of the sheel holder areas.  I feel this is going to be a problem.

To renew my look for the correct set up I have two options.  I am reconsidering the stock from Cav arms for two reasons: 1. I like Ar stocks and my speedfeed is going to be a problem and 2. It has a rail on it for my eotech.

Is this set up better than using a KAC 870 RAS for return to zero after disassembling the barrel?  How far forward can I mount the scope?  Please e-mail any pictures or opinions to me.

Thank you,

Mike

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is my solution. A DA-MAR scope mount. Cost to mount was $60 (drill and tap 6 holes + bedding the mount to the rather uneven reciever).
The mount

and with the Eotech

I love this mount. The Eotech returns to zero very well on it, and the Wilson Scattergun sight fits quite nicely behind it. Also the Wilson ghost ring is the perfect hight to use over the mount.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here is my solution. A DA-MAR scope mount. Cost to mount was $60 (drill and tap 6 holes + bedding the mount to the rather uneven reciever).
The mount
www.brownells.com/Images/Products/483100001.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/quinlanv/DSCF0447Small.jpg

and with the Eotech
img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/quinlanv/DSCF0445Small.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/quinlanv/DSCF0446Small.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/quinlanv/QuinsbkSmall.jpg

I love this mount. The Eotech returns to zero very well on it, and the Wilson Scattergun sight fits quite nicely behind it. Also the Wilson ghost ring is the perfect hight to use over the mount.

Quinlan,
That looks pretty good!  I've got a Wilson/Scattergun which could benefit from a rail mount like that, especially since you note that it is compatible with the Scattergun iron sights.  

Does the mount interfere with a sidesaddle?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#7]
As far as the sidesaddle, I have not tried it. My Sage stock won't work with the sidesaddle.
The scope mount however should work with it no problem. It mounts into the top of the reciever with very little overhang. If the mount does get in the way, it just barely will. A file or grinder could take care of that in 5 minutes.

You can see in this pic the miniscule amount that it overhangs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top