Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 5:51:17 AM EDT
I was looking into a Ruger 10/22 stainless but was advised to try to dig up an AMT Lightning 22/25.  

Does anyone here know much about them?  Recommendations?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
ive got a old 1.great trigger. heavier reciever rugged sights but a little limited for optic mounting with the grooved reciever
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:20:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Out of spec bolt. The advantige they have over the 10/22 is a stainless steel receiver. Should the ban expire, I would invest in a Volquartsen CNC SS receiver. Hope this info helps.

Sammy

Quoted:
I was looking into a Ruger 10/22 stainless but was advised to try to dig up an AMT Lightning 22/25.  

Does anyone here know much about them?  Recommendations?

Thanks,

Mike

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a AMT Lightning but it is the Hunter model. Has a 22" heavy barrel and a full plastic Choate stock. The barrel and stock lug uses different screw threads and thus are not compatable with the 10/22.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:17:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there a steel copy of the 10/22 that's an exact copy..?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:52:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Volquartsen

Sammy

Quoted:
Is there a steel copy of the 10/22 that's an exact copy..?

Thanks,

Mike

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The barrel and stock lug uses different screw threads and thus are not compatable with the 10/22.

My only non-EBR 10/22 is a Ruger receiver with a Lightning taper barrel. While the taper barrel is not a "bull", I did have to do alot of inletting on the carbine stock to get the barrel to seat, but the barrel bolted right up to the receiver and had correct headspace.

Survival Enterprise's was/is the distributor for AMT parts, but their firearms parts sales are suspended, due to an ATF sting. (The same ATF sting that got ARFcom member LarryG36!!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top