Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2006 8:26:08 PM EDT
What can ya'll tell me about the CZ52?

How does it shoot?
Ammo availability?

I see Aim has them for $139.00 ..  Has anyone bought one of these from them? If so what was the condition?

THANKS for any input.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Great pistol just don't dry fire it, the firing pins are known to be brittle.  Ammo is available in surplus and commercial.  I've found mine to be very accurate and Loud!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 3:55:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I got one and liked it so much I got 2 more.  Like chalk_2 said, don't dry fire it.  Plenty of ammo and replacement parts around for them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

How does it shoot? Very, very, well.
Ammo availability? It's everywhere and it's cheap.

I see Aim has them for $139.00 ..  Has anyone bought one of these from them? If so what was the condition? I don't remember where mine came from, but it's in great shape.
THANKS for any input.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

How does it shoot?

Mine shoots darn straight! Kicks (well, flips, actually) like an SOB, tho!

Ammo availability?

Lotta surplus for decent $, new stuff is a bit steeper than 9 mm.

I see Aim has them for $139.00 ..  Has anyone bought one of these from them? If so what was the condition?

THANKS for any input.

That's where I got mine! I got the base $140 model, no hand pick nor nothing!

Mechanically, it was in excellent shape! Cosmetically, there were a couple of retouched spots on the slide, only visible on close inspection or when soaking in cleaner, and the grips are pretty scuffed.

AIM ships amazingly fast! I'm a happy camper!
Bill
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 11:54:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the input ya'll.

I am going to a fun show this weekend at York, PA. If I don't see anything there I will have to give AIM a call on Mon.

THANKS again!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a little write-up on the CZ-52.

CZ-52 Pistol

I sure like mine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 5:40:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't think you will be able to use your C&R for a handgun to be shipped to Maryland. IIRC all handguns are subject to the MSP 7 day wait and must be purchased through a FFL dealer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I did not think of that, I will have to give MSP a call.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 7:09:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I just spoke to a Sgt. down at Jessup in reference to purchasing handguns on your C&R FFL.

He advised that if you purchase a handgun from OUT OF STATE on your C&R FFL, you DO NOT have to go through the 7 day wait period. You would just log it into your books as required.

The ONLY time you have to do the 7 day wait period is if you purchase the handgun within the State of MD.

I hope this info helps you and all fellow MD'ers in reference to buying handguns on their C&R FFL.

Link Posted: 10/26/2006 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got three from AIM and they're in great shape.  You won't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
A little late to the topic but oh well.  ANyways, I recently picked up a CZ 52 and its great.  I almost like my $150 CZ 52 as much as my $600+ Sig P229 40s&w.

For the price this is an exceptional pistol.  You can get hollowpoints for this caliber too, which is good because the FMJ will punch through would-be attackers and keep on going for ever and ever, nice to have the hollow point option for such events.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just got three from AIM and they're in great shape.  You won't be dissapointed.

So how much was the shipping?   I was wondering how much next day air would add.   A CZ-52 is on my list to get also.    

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So how much was the shipping?   I was wondering how much next day air would add.   A CZ-52 is on my list to get also.    

They can't just use the mail?  You can mail a pistol if you're a licensee.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone told me $50.00....Is this true?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:27:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone told me $50.00....Is this true?

That sure would be a bummer if it were.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:03:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't think so.  If you are an 01 then AIM could send it to you via the US Post Office.   As 03s we do not have that option to use the US post office.   That means it has to go buy common carrier.   IE UPS and FEDEX.   They require that pistols only be shipped via next day air since it lessens the chance one of thier not so honest employees will pull a 5 finger discount.    So, back to the orginal question, anyone bought one from AIM and how much was the shipping?

About a year ago I shipped a old G20 back to glock for them to go through.   Next day air from Richmond VA to Symrna(sp)  GA was $42.    

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't think so.  If you are an 01 then AIM could send it to you via the US Post Office.   As 03s we do not have that option to use the US post office.   That means it has to go buy common carrier.   IE UPS and FEDEX.   They require that pistols only be shipped via next day air since it lessens the chance one of thier not so honest employees will pull a 5 finger discount.    So, back to the orginal question, anyone bought one from AIM and how much was the shipping?

About a year ago I shipped a old G20 back to glock for them to go through.   Next day air from Richmond VA to Symrna(sp)  GA was $42.    

Yeah, I just checked the DMM and you're right.  Dealers and Manufacturers only.  What a crock of shit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I just spoke to a Sgt. down at Jessup in reference to purchasing handguns on your C&R FFL.

He advised that if you purchase a handgun from OUT OF STATE on your C&R FFL, you DO NOT have to go through the 7 day wait period. You would just log it into your books as required.

The ONLY time you have to do the 7 day wait period is if you purchase the handgun within the State of MD.

I hope this info helps you and all fellow MD'ers in reference to buying handguns on their C&R FFL.

I don't think the Sgt. gave you the full story. Handguns are regulated firearms. If you check page 198 of your ATF State Laws and Published Ordinances-Firearms, you will see the definition of a handgun. Section 4-201 (2) (ii) defines Antique Firearms as:

Uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition that is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

7.62X25 ammunition is readily available.

Further, page 206 section 5-137 Out-of-state purchases:

(a) Requirements for purchase. A person who seeks to own a regulated firearm and purchases the regulated firearm from an out-of-state federally licensed gun importer, manufacturer, or dealer shall:
(1) have the federally licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer ship the regulated firearm to a licensee for processing; and...

The licensee in this case being an 01 FFL, since the handgun is regulated in Maryland.

This is from the AIM website:

MARYLAND CUSTOMERS: No modern handgun sales to anyone including 01 FFL Dealers. C&R eligible handguns may be sold to 01 FFL Dealers only. C&R eligible Rifles may be sold to 03 C&R Licensees. No High Capacity Magazine Sales. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering.

Sorry, life in MD sucks and the jokers in Jessup don't know their asses from holes in the ground.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#19]
A C&R holder is a licensee.

Not sure why that's an issue.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#20]
That sounds like it is AIMS Policy, they are not showing anything out of the Annotated Code as it applies to MD.  

So I just won't buy handguns from AIM then. It's not like they have this abundance of great handguns and great deals on them.

I have the Sgt.'s name, date, and time I talked to him. I think that good enough from me. If they don't know there ass from a hole in the ground, then maybe they should not be working there.

This is not meant to be sarcastic or ignorant, but if your right and they are wrong, call MSP at Jessup and let them know they are wrong and tell them where in the Annotated Code it is.

I will do a little more research on this my self.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A C&R holder is a licensee.

That's my understanding of it as well. I read through the MD section of the big blue ATF book several times and called the MSP like SniperPSG did and got the same answer.

It seems like it is AIM's policy not to ship C&R pistols into MD and not MD law. Perhaps it is because they can't verify if you have collector status allowing you to purchase more than one regulated firearm per month. I dunno, it's just a guess.

FWIW I know J&G Sales and SOG will ship pistols to C&R holders in MD

MD gun laws blow!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:19:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Mine was a darned good gun and super value, with one fatal flaw. The grip angle makes me aim about 15deg down compared to any other handgun I have, so I could not hit well without a deliberate effort to aim up.

So it's more like a 1911?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought 2 of them a few years ago when Century had a sale on them.
I had fun shooting them at the range as they would light up the area pretty good.
I had people shooting .357's asking me what ungodly round that hand cannon fired
Due to my small circus freak hands I sold them off. A gang banger shooting sideways could gets more hits on target than I could with those 52's. The problem was not with the guns. The friend that bought them has bigger hands and can blow the center of the X ring out with either one of them.
I don't have the same problem with my Gold Cup or Kimber though...pretty wierd.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:26:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:46:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Here's a little write-up on the CZ-52.

CZ-52 Pistol

I sure like mine.

Great article OP.

Rick
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry... I forgot to check back on this thread.  The shipping was something like $23 for three of them in one box... so I'd assume one would be about $15 or so.  It's not too bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top